Say What? Overheard on the Plane Edition 5 – More Reader Submissions

Welcome to a second reader submitted edition of Overheard on the Plane. Thanks to everyone for sending in your stories!

If you haven’t yet, check out Say What? Overheard on the Plane Editions 1-4 and of course keep sending in your stories for future posts to adam@pointmetotheplane.com. Remember to include the carrier and route as well as any other pertinent details and sources.

Submitted by Aarash – Transiting on the Train to Terminal C in Denver for a DEN – Albuquerque (ABQ) Flight
A little girl runs onto the train car, grabs the support pole and yells “Mommy! I want to be on this pole!” Apparently, daddy wasn’t around to keep her off the pole!

Submitted by Kevin One Liners Courtesy of OHNY – LaGuardia (LGA) and JFK
Flight Attendant (LGA): Ladies and gentlemen, the overhead lights will be turned off during this flight, so if you’d like a reading light, just push the button above you…the other button.
Flight attendant (JFK JetBlue): We will be dimming the cabin lighting, as it greatly improves the attractiveness of your in-flight crew.
Gate Agent (LGA): If you heard your name, or something that sounds like it could be your name, please board your plane. It is leaving!

Submitted by Deirdre – San Francisco (SFO) to Newark (EWR) Flight
Flight Attendant (as we pulled up to the gate): We would like to welcome you to paradise: Newark.  *I’ve received this in 23 variations from different readers, sounds like it’s announced quite often!*

Submitted by Noel
While waiting to take off on the runway, a little girl asked her dad “Why do they call it a Runway when you can’t even Run on it?” Best start to a flight with children.

Submitted by snuggliestbear – JFK to Chicago (ORD) Flight
Male Passenger: Man, that was a long flight.
Female Passenger: Where did you come from?
Male Passenger: Fort Lauderdale.
I had to roll my eyes at this one, especially since I was coming from Milan on an itinerary that would take me 22 hours to get home. I hope this guy doesn’t try to go overseas anytime soon.

Submitted by Melvin – Singapore (SIN) to Tokyo (NRT) Flight
Flight Attendant: For your meal today we have two choices, fish or chicken. What would you like?
Me: Oh, chicken please.
Flight Attendant: Oh I’m sorry, we have run out of chicken.
Me: Okayyyyyyy… then why did you tell me about the choices then?
Flight Attendant: Oh I’ve been saying it for the past 20 rows, so I wasn’t really thinking when I asked you. Sorry!
Me: *speechless*

Submitted by Frank – Miami (MIA) to San Francisco (SFO)
This was a midnight run flight with diner service. All meal choices on the menu were listed as being served cold.
Female Passenger (after being served beef over noodles) to the Flight Attendant: ?Excuse me, this food is cold!
Flight Attendant: That is the way it is served. It is suppose to be cold.
Female Passenger: You don’t expect me to eat cold food? That is crazy who eats cold food? (besides everyone else eating around her)
Flight Attendant: Well, I can heat it up for you but it will take about 15 min.
Female Passenger: 15 minutes! Who needs that long to heat up cold food? Kudos to the FA for dealing with her.

REMINDER: Radisson’s Park Inn 1 + 1, Stay One Get 1 Promotion goes live late night Monday.  Check out all the details here.