Yesterday, I posted about China Southern’s new A380 service from LAX to CAN, which allows for easy connections to Bangkok, Singapore, and other Southeast Asia locations using Delta SkyMiles. I mentioned that award availability was wide open, even to Australia. Several readers emailed with questions including:
- Does Delta actually allow Australia routings via Asia?
- Are China Southern connections to Australia truly bookable via Delta?
- Can I mix a China Southern flight award with a Virgin Australia award?
- Can I book stopovers and open jaws?
- Will the ticket actually price at 150,000 for business and 100,00 for economy.
- Delta does allow for routings via Asia using Korean Air (connect in ICN), China Southern (connect in CAN), and China Eastern (connect in PVG). These connections are bookable via Delta agents over the phone.
- Any of the carriers above can be mixed together on an award with any other Delta redemption partner. This is one of the great features of the SkyMiles program.
- Yes, you can have one in-route stopover plus an open jaw.
- No matter how many or which partners you mix and match, the award should price at the LOW level which is 150k in business and 100k in economy.