As I mentioned in my previous post, I have been patiently waiting and hoping to receive the much talked about 15k offer from Barclays. Today it finally arrived via email(included at the bottom of this post)! What is the 15k offer? Lately, Barclays has been offering an additional 15K bonus for spending $750 every month for 3 months after a period of inactivity once you complete your first purchase (usually 2 months or so) on your new US Airways Premier World MasterCard. My spending habits have aligned with that timeline perfectly. I applied for the card (for a second time) in early December and made my first purchase on December 17th. My bonus miles posted to my Dividend Miles account on January 2nd and I then tucked the card away. I’ve been hoping for the 15k offer and today it arrived, just shy of two months since my one and only transaction. I will definitely be taking AAdvantage of the promo, even if it means buying a few more Vanilla Reload cards. This also works perfectly with my plan to apply for another US Airways card in June.
The US Airways cards are churnable and there is even a business version. Check out this previous post for results of my experiments in US Airways MasterCard churning and tips on proposed timelines and best available offers.
30K after your first purchase, annual fee of $89, up to an additional 10k when you transfer a balance within 90 days (1 mile per $). Full landing page and promo details.
- Earn up to 40,000 bonus miles on qualifying transactions
- EXCLUSIVE: Redeem flights for 5,000 fewer miles
- Zone 2 boarding on every flight
- Enjoy 2 miles per $1 spent on US Airways purchases
- Earn 1 mile per $1 spent everywhere else
- Annual companion certificate good for round-trip travel for up to 2 companions at $99 each, plus taxes and fees
- First Class check-in
- Please see terms and conditions for complete details
2) Business Card – 25k after your first purchase, up to 10k for balance transfer within the first 30 days (1 mile per $), $79 annual fee. Note this link will also give you the option to select a business card with no annual fee and 5k miles for signing up.
Offer is valid for select cardmembers and is not transferable. You will earn 15,000 bonus miles after you charge over $750 in net retail purchases (purchases that are not returned or rescinded) each month from March 1, 2013 through May 31, 2013. If you do not spend over $750 in any of the 3 months of the promotion, you will not be eligible for any bonus miles as part of this offer. To receive your bonus miles, your account must be open and in good standing. Purchases made during periods when your account is delinquent, your balance exceeds your credit line or your account is otherwise not in good standing as defined in your Credit Card Cardmember Agreement do not qualify for this offer. Your bonus miles will appear on your statement up to 6-8 weeks after the end of the promotion. Net retail purchases do not include such things as the purchase of money orders, traveler’s checks, foreign currency, lottery tickets, gambling chips, wire transfers, person-to-person money transfers or using the account to obtain a cash advance.