Last Tuesday I posted about a 500 mile offer from Whiteboard. While the offer originated directly from a US Airways email, there were still major doubts as to Whiteboard’s relationship with US Airways and when/if the miles would post. First off, you had to request an invitation to join, wait for approval, and only then would you be able to complete the sign-up process. However, several readers commented that they never received an invitation link when signing up in the past and those who had completed sign-ups noted that there was no place to enter their US Airways Dividend Miles number.

Well, yesterday I finally received the invitation from Whiteboard to register, US Airways logo and all:

Upon following the link I was asked to answer three pages of questions and then my account was activated:

OK, so my account was activated but I was never asked for my US Airways Dividend miles number to collect my 250 miles for joining. However, I did notice that I was now able to browse the rewards catalog which had awards available at the 2,500, 5,000, 7,500, and 10,000 point levels. The only available award was a US Airways Dividend Miles transfer, which is fine, though my point balance is currently 0 and the catalog does not provide any details as to how many miles you’ll receive at each point level. I guess they could potentially be awarding me enough points to hit the 250 mile redemption level, though I won’t hold my breath. Another interesting data point, the offer provided for 250 additional miles after completing your first survey but my account currently states that there are no available surveys. I’ll update with another post if anything changes, though I’m not expecting much from Whiteboard and it’s unfortunate that US Airways allows their brand to be associated with such a poorly managed service, even going as far as emailing their members to sign-up! Has anyone had a positive experience with Whiteboard?

11 Responses to “About those 500 US Airways Miles from Whiteboard…”

1. Lea B says:

I’ve had the same experience you had. It’s disappointing.

2. autolycus says:

Thanks for the reminder to follow up with US Airways and Whiteboard about this. It’s pretty poor on both parts.

Oh, and I still haven’t been offered any surveys to do, so I now assume at best I’m looking at 250 miles.

3. Will says:

I logged in yesterday and didn’t see any points available, but I did have 4 x 100 point surveys. Each took approx 5 mins if that and I completed them. Today I have 400 points but not the 250 for sign-up nor the 250 for completion of first survey.

4. Bruce says:

Worth reporting it to US Airways? Not beyond realm of possibility they 1) don’t have a clue about it or 2) they are surprised about lack of apparent transparency.

5. Will says:

Plus this nice teaser –

Earn 2100 Points more and you will be eligible to redeem your account balance for one of the exciting rewards below!

If only there was an opportunity to earn the points and be able to transfer them to my account.

6. Carl P says:

I can now buy US Air miles now for 1.88 cents per mile. 100 points for a survey could be had for $1.88. Do I want to spend 5 minutes doing that, and then be concerned with whether I will ever get it? I personally just never find the surveys and stuff to be worth it. I guess it depends on how you value your tim, and other opportunities.

7. Shelly says:

I had the same experience, except that when I registered there were 4 surveys available for me to take. I took them all for 100 points each and my account now shows 400 points.

8. Pat B says:

I wrote to them and asked, and they responded that they already knew my dividend miles number (from the coded sign up link?)Also, I asked about when a survey would be available to take for the extra sign up bonus after the first real survey (I didn’t consider the 400 points worth of original surveys as client sponsored as much as profiles). They said they’d notify me when one comes available. Perhaps their marketing plan is to first sign up respondents and then use those signed up respondents to recruit actual paying clients wanting surveys. Very strange.

9. [...] those 500 US Airways miles promised from Whiteboard that we never received and sort of lost hope on? Well, it looks like we might still get them! Of [...]

10. […] Whiteboard - 500 US Airways miles for completing more surveys (Extremely slow to post but eventually did), check out this post and the associated comments. […]