Wow, sometimes it’s pathetic how obsessed I get over this hobby, but then I think about the amazing experiences I’ve had all courtesy of my points and miles. That’s when I say, who cares about what others think! Yesterday, I had one of those obsessed moments when I happened to be at a CVS when a gift card delivery arrived. I watched as the red crate was opened and the workers unpacked the gift card packs one at a time. As they got near the bottom, three separate packs of beautiful Vanilla Reloads were uncovered…

Each pack had 10 cards enclosed…

…the three packs sat unopened while I documented the unpacking…hah

Some interesting facts to note at this suburban NY location. The gift card limit per day using a credit card was randomly $930, as such I purchased two cards (yes, only two!) at $465 each. More interestingly though, the Vanilla Reload purchase qualified me for a CVS coupon of $5 off a purchase of $30 or more that had already been sent to my ExtraCare card. Although coupons cannot be used on gift cards themselves, the gift card purchase qualified me for my $5 discount. My greeting card for $2.79 ended up being free, though if I had known ahead of time I would have spent at least $5 in addition to the VR cards. This is great news as I seem to get coupons like this almost every single weekend and now my VR purchases will qualify me for free CVS purchases!

14 Responses to “Witnessing A Vanilla Reload Delivery & Coupons w/ VR Cards!”

1. Jason says:

Anyone know of any NYC CVS locations, that VR can be purchased with a credit card?.

2. Grant says:

Epic Sunday afternoon!

3. CharterBox says:

As mentioned over on Gary’s blog. I bought 4,000 worth in four transactions of 1000 each at a store in LA using my credit card. Not sure if the $1000 ‘per transaction’ max was being enforced. I didn’t try it any other way. Just instructed the clerk to complete it in four transactions. There were TONS of VR cards there.

4. Nic says:

I went to CVS for my VRs. Get there and nothing, not a single one. Going on my way out, cashier asks if I needed help. I ask he is she has more VRs. Magically she gets them from underneath the counter. Woohoo

5. Brent says:

I enjoy your blog (especially the article on the China Southern A380 routes very helpful!) but reading about a CVS employee opening a box to load the shelves with new VRs…. YAWNNNNNN haha Yes, you are definitely obsessed!

6. Grant says:

Just remember that there is a $5,000 monthly limit with VRC to load onto BB

7. Steven says:

Do you think the $5 off was Targeted?

@Steven – if you’re an ExtraCare member and enable email promos, you should start receiving offers every Thursday

8. Lawrence says:

this is like an electronics unboxing video.

I’ll do you better. I’ve had the employees let me dig through their huge tote to look for them!

9. Eliza Travels says:

Finally the Vanilla Reloads made it to Sacramento, however, very quickly they’ve disallowedd the use of credit cards to purchase them. hmph

10. […] – Witnessing A Vanilla Reload Delivery & Coupons w/ VR Cards! Related – Vanilla Reload No Credit D-Day Averted Related – Checkout Experiments in […]

11. […] Witnessing A Vanilla Reload Delivery & Coupons w/ VR Cards! […]