This is part six of a fourteen part trip report from my travels to the UK, Malta, and Mallorca. This picture report includes my Lufthansa Business Lounge experience in Frankfurt. I was granted access thanks to my Star Alliance Gold status from United while flying Lufthansa in economy from London to Malta and back.
- Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse Newark (EWR)
- Virgin Atlantic Upper Class Newark (EWR)- London Heathrow (LHR) on Delta SkyMiles!
- Star Alliance Business Class Lounge: Terminal 1, London Heathrow
- Lufthansa Economy Class London Heathrow (LHR) – Munich (MUC) – Malta (MLA) – Frankfurt (FRA) – LHR
- Lufthansa Senator Lounge Munich – Terminal 2, level 4, departures G, opposite gate G28
- Lufthansa Business Lounge B Frankfurt – Terminal 1, departure area B (Non-Schengen)
- The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta
- Monarch Airlines Economy London Luton (LTN) – Palma de Mallorca (PMI) – LTN using Avios!
- Beach House by Meliá, Magaluf Beach in Calviá
- Le Méridien Piccadilly, London, UK
- Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford, Surrey, UK
- Hilton London Paddington, London, UK
- SkyTeam Lounge London Heathrow (LHR) Terminal 4
- Delta Airlines BusinessElite London Heathrow (LHR) – JFK
There are multiple Star Alliance Gold options at Munich, but I picked the one closest to my departure gate – Terminal 1, departures area B in the non- Schengen departure area.
I’m not sure if it was the time of day or the fact that there are just so many lounges in Frankfurt, but the lounge was empty. Plenty of seating throughout the rather larger lounge…most with great views too!
Outlets anyone? There were outlets available at each seat as well and strong wifi.
HOT DOGS and Potato Salad!
Fried onions, sauerkraut, pickles
Curd with herbs and cheese spread with hot peppers
Potato salad and fresh veggies
A Haribo bowl mmm….
Again, not a bad meal and break for a short-haul economy flight!
Interested in using your miles for a flight but can’t find availability? Consider using Juicy Miles for award booking assistance.