Amazing! Bungee jumping off Victoria Falls Bridge with Victoria Falls in the distance and the crocodiles and the rapids of the Zambezi River below…definitely one of those “I love traveling” moments. This is part nine of a ten part trip report from my travels to South Africa, Zambia, and Zimbabwe and covers my bungee jump off Victoria Falls Bridge.
- Delta ATL-JNB BusinessElite B777-200LR
- Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel, Johannesburg, South Africa
- Kapama River Lodge – Kruger National Park, South Africa – Hotel Review
- Kapama River Lodge – Kruger National Park, South Africa – Safari – Game Drives – Bush Walk Review
- South African Airways Johannesburg (JNB) – Cape Town (CPT) – Johannesburg (JNB)
- Westin Cape Town, South Africa
- British Airways – JNB-LVI (Livingstone, Zambia) B737-400 and crossing the border into Zimbabwe from Zambia
- Microlight / Microflight over Victoria Falls with Batoka Sky – Zambia
- Bungee Jump over the Zambezi River off Victoria Falls Bridge – Border between Zimbabwe & Zambia
- Elephant Hills Resort – Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
This was awesome in every way. Having to cross the border from Zimbabwe to Zambia to make it to the jump site (sometimes with monkeys chasing behind), locals cheering from the base of the bridge, and the gigantic jump at 111 meters (364 feet) directly into the Zambezi. I’ve gone skydiving twice (Interlaken, Switzerland & Queenstown, New Zealand) and this was by far scarier than both! You have to walk out off the bridge onto this tiny ledge before taking your leap of faith and it’s literally tiny. All you can see are the falls below and then before you know it, it’s time to Jump – 5 – 4 – 3 – 2- 1 – BUNGEE!
My favorite part of that video is at :58 when I come back up in a reversal. PS – I had no say over the music in the purchased video!
Located between (Livingstone) Zambia and (Victoria Falls) Zimbabwe, Victoria Falls is the largest waterfalls in the world – so it should go without saying it is an ideal place to fall 111 meters with a cord attached to your ankles. Dare to Bungee Jump? Then come and experience this high adventure, adrenalin pumping bungee jump at Victoria Falls! The original, the one and only, the must do, the ultimate thrill! 111m of Pure Adrenalin! Off the famous Victoria Falls Bridge, with a spectacular backdrop of the majestic Victoria Falls, move to the edge, arms out and 5-4-3-2-1- BUNGEE leaving yourself plummeting towards the rumbling waters of the rapids of the Zambezi River and let the adrenaline flow. Easy access to the Victoria Falls Bridge from both Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe and Livingstone, Zambia. Safety – Victoria Falls Bungee operates a fun and safe experience for all of its jumpers. $130pp.
Speaking of safety, I should note that an Australian tourist survived after her cord snapped at this location in December 2011 on New Year’s Eve. She was sent plunging into the crocodile infested river below, but managed to swim to the Zimbabwe bank . Miraculously, she was fine besides a fractured collar bone and a few bruises… (PS – the rope in my video doesn’t look so great either)…
Rewarded with a celebratory beer…fantastic!
Ready to jump? Here’s the link to bungee operator.