This is part fourteen of a fifteen part trip report from my travels to the Maldives and Dubai. This picture report covers the Emirates Lounge in Milan (MXP).
- Trip Report – United Economy Plus JFK-LAX
- Korean Air First Class Lounge LAX
- Trip Report Part 1 – Emirates First Class on the A380 w/ Shower Suite – LAX – Dubai (DXB)
- Trip Report Part 2 – Emirates First Class on the A380 w/ Shower Suite – LAX – Dubai (DXB)
- Emirates First Class Lounge – A380 Terminal – Concourse A – Dubai
- Emirates First Class Lounge Concourse B – Dubai
- Trip Report – Emirates First Class DXB- Malé (MLE) – DXB B777-200LR
- Conrad Maldives Rangali Island Resort Part 1 – Airport Experience, Lounge, and Seaplane Transfer
- Conrad Maldives Rangali Island Resort Part 2 – The Resort – Rooms, Upgrades, Amenities, Activities, Restaurants, and Costs
- Male Airport Plaza Premium Lounge
- Sheraton Jumeirah Beach Resort
- Emirates Business Class Lounge – A380 Terminal – Concourse A – Dubai
- Trip Report – Emirates First Class DXB – Milan (MXP)
- Trip Report – Emirates Lounge Milan
- Trip Report – Emirates First Class MXP – JFK
Clear signage to the lounge…
We arrived just before the arrival time but by the time we walked over the lounge was open…
Check-In, as mentioned in almost every other Emirates Lounge trip report in this series, a word of warning. If you book your flights using miles from Alaska Airlines, your tickets won’t show lounge access. You’ll have to explain to the agent that you are not traveling on a reduced or staff fare, but that you booked an award via Alaska Airlines. This was a common theme in LAX, Dubai, Maldives, and Milan.
The lounge just opened in March 2013 and everything still looks brand new – comfy seating, multiple outlets at each seat, strong wifi…
We had a 7 hour layover so our plan was to shower in the lounge, grab some breakfast, catch a train into town, enjoy Milan, and then arrive back in the lounge just in time for our afternoon flight.
Step 1 – Showering – powerful shower, large towels, and nice product.
EXTENSIVE Breakfast choices…
The train into the city runs directly into the airport, was about $20 roundtrip, and only took 35 minutes! We had a few extra items in our non checked bags and risked leaving them in the lounge storage area instead of carrying them into town (I took my laptop and passport but left a bag containing my Nook, headphones, Emirates PJs and amenity kits, etc.). Everything was still there when we returned a few hours later… but of course leave at your own risk.
We even had time for lunch and at Il Salumaio di Montenapoleone – the food was fantastic! Had to have some Veal Milanese…
Back to the lounge where dinner was set-up, again EXTENSIVE choices, really impressive (click on each picture to see the signage):
Boarding directly from the lounge with two separate jet bridges…
The lounge is a shared business / first lounge, but it was truly excellent for Europe…especially compared to some of my other lounge experiences in Italy.
Amazing food choices with very high quality food, a very quiet lounge (Emirates passengers only), great showers, comfy seating, strong wifi, multiple outlets, and friendly staff.