On September 11, we recognize and respect those who serve and have served in the U.S. Armed Forces. In honor of the men and women who do brave things that I cannot fathom, I thank you.
Thank You on September 11
More valuable than my thanks though, is the Waves of Honor Military Program. On this very special day, I hope that this post serves as a reminder for those in Active Duty, and for Veterans, that there are vacation options for you and your family that are provided free of charge.
Waves of Honor describes the program as:
Waves of Honor complimentary admission is a tribute to the men and women of the U.S. armed forces including active duty military, reserve soldiers, airmen, Marines, sailors and Coast Guardsmen. Waves of Honor complimentary admission permits any U.S. active duty military, activated or drilling reservist, or National Guardsman to one complimentary admission per year.
Waves of Honor
The process of getting your tickets is easy.
1. Head over to the Waves of Honor website.
2. Select the destination that you are interested in tickets for and click the link. As you can see above, there are many options! From SeaWorld San Diego, to Busch Gardens in Tampa, destinations around the country are on the list.
Login with Troop ID
3. Enter your ID.me email address and password.
Verify Military Affiliation
4. Choose an option to verify your military affiliation. Once you have selected the affiliation, you will be prompted to authorize that affiliation.
Authorize the Affiliation
5. Once verified, you are set to order your tickets! Make sure you select the proper ticket quantity. Many of the destinations will offer free admission for the service member plus 3 guests! Make sure that during the order process, you are prepared to enter the names of the travelers who will be going with you.
6. After you place your order, you will get an order confirmation via email. In this email, you can select the “Print eTicket” link in order to print out your eTickets.
Please keep in mind that this service is only valid once per year, so make sure you choose wisely!
I hope that some readers are able to take advantage of this wonderful program for military families.