Singapore Airlines said today that delivery of their new A350-900ULRs in 2018 will allow them to restart nonstop flights to New York and Los Angeles! The New York flight will overtake Emirates on Dubai-Panama (scheduled to start in February) to become the longest non-stop flight in the world at 9,3000 miles. Bloomberg received the following email confirmation:
“Our customers have been asking us to re-start nonstop Singapore-U.S. flights,” Singapore Air Chief Executive Officer Goh Choon Phong said in the statement. “We are pleased that Airbus was able to offer the right aircraft to do so in a commercially viable manner.”
The airline also said they would explore additional US destinations at that time. Singapore plans to receive 7 of the A350-900ULRs(ultra-long range) which have a modified fuel system.
Optimized for nonstop flights to the U.S., the two-engine planes will include a modified fuel system to increase fuel-carrying capacity, an increase in maximum take-off weight and other aerodynamic improvements, Airbus said.
Trip report from my EWR-SIN experience:
Related Singapore Posts:
- End of an Era, No Party for SQ21 – World’s Longest Non-Stop Flight Arrives Back Home
- How Much Do Singapore Airlines Flight Attendants Get Paid for Providing Great Service?
- Singapore Introduces the “Future of Premium Economy” – Leather Seats, Amenity Kits, Book the Cook, & More
- Guess How Much Singapore Airlines Spends on Champagne Each Year?
- One of My Favorite Airports Announces Expansion…with waterfalls
- 3 Extravagant Flights You’ll Never Be Able to Afford…Unless You Have Miles
- The Singapore Airlines Employment Application – WOW…crazy questions
- Low Level Awards -Longest Flight in the World – 1 Month Remaining!
All Other Singapore Trip Reports:
- Singapore Airlines First Class 777-300ER Houston (IAH) – Moscow (DME) Part 1
- Singapore Airlines First Class 777-300ER Moscow (DME) – Singapore (SIN) & DME Transfer Lounge Part 2
- The Singapore Airlines Private Room @ SilverKris Lounge Terminal 3 & SilverKris Lounge Terminal 2 @ SIN
- Singapore Airlines Business Class 777-200 Singapore (SIN) – Bali (DPS)