A YouTube video post of a Miami-based doctor has gone viral, with almost 1.5 million views! In the video, Dr. Anjali Ramkissoon, a fourth-year neurology resident employed by Jackson Health System in Miami, FL, is seen trying to enter an Uber driver’s vehicle, and then proceeds to both physically and verbally attack the driver.
The incident occurred shortly after midnight, on the morning of January 17 (Sunday). CBSLocal in Miami notes that Dr. Ramkissoon is seen in the video hitting the driver, and kneeing him in the groin. After the driver pushes her away, Dr. Ramkissoon proceeds to enter his vehicle and throw out multiple items, including a combination lock, scissors, flyers and a cell phone.
After the incident occurred, the University of Miami Medical School released a statement indicating that Dr. Ramkissoon was placed on administrative leave, pending further investigation. Heavy.com has done some research investigating Dr. Ramkissoon’s background and uncovered some interesting tidbits of information.
- Though Miami Police were called to the incident, no formal charges were filed against Dr. Ramkissoon. The Uber driver declined to press charges.
- According to voter records, Dr. Ramkissoon is 30 years old and graduated from North Miami Beach High School.
- Her sister, 28-year old Kavita Ramkissoon, attended law school at Nova Southeastern University and passed the Florida bar exam in 2013.
- Dr. Ramkissoon attended medical school in Grenada.
- Though she has removed her personal Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram pages, you can still read some reviews of her practice on her Facebook page. Let’s just say that I do not think most of the reviewers were her actual patients.
The video of the incident is available below. There is colorful language in the video, so use caution. What are your thoughts on the incident?