There are two separate 100K credit card sign-up bonuses that are sadly set to expire very soon, one of them today!
Chase Sapphire Reserve – The much anticipated Chase Sapphire Reserve card went live a few months back, offering an amazing 100,000 points after spending $4k within the first 3 months. However, this special 100K offer is set to expire – the final day that this offer will be available online is today, January 11th. Beginning today, the sign-up bonus will be slashed in half to 50K. Not to fear if you’re not ready to get the card now. The 100K bonus will still be available in-branch until March 11, 2017.
The card benefits are quite impressive and you can negate that $450 fee quite quickly:
- 3X Points on Travel and Dining Worldwide – Earn 3X points per $1 spent on travel from flights, cruise lines and hotels to car rentals, trains and taxis. Plus, earn 3X points per $1 spent at restaurants – from fast food to fine dining.
- $300 Annual Travel Credit (every calendar year). Each year, automatically receive up to $300 in statement credits as reimbursement for travel-related purchases charged to your card. This means if you apply now, you’ll receive this credit twice ($300 in 2017 and $300 again in 2018), even if you cancel the card next January!
- Global Entry or TSA Pre✔® Fee Credit – Receive a statement credit of up to $100 every 4 years as reimbursement for the application fee charged to your card.
- 50% More Value in Travel Rewards (making points worth 1.5 cents each ) – Your points are worth 50% more when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 50,000 points are worth $750 towards travel.
- 1:1 Point Transfer – Transfer points to participating frequent travel programs at full 1:1 value – that means 1,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards® points equals 1,000 partner miles/points. Travel partners include British Airways Executive Club, United MileagePlus®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, Marriott Rewards®, and more.
- Complimentary Airport Lounge Access – You and your authorized users can access 900+ VIP airport lounges worldwide with Priority PassTM Select and enjoy lounge amenities such as WIFI, free snacks, beverages and more when you activate your membership.
This is considered a separate card from the Chase Sapphire Preferred and so you can apply and receive the 100K bonus even if you have that card! There is a $450 annual fee that is not waived, though when you consider the $300 travel credit (2x) and the Global Entry credit, this fee is palatable. Chase is sticking to their 5/24 rule for the majority of applicants, though some have been lucky and won approval.
You can view the card offer directly from Chase here.
The Enhanced Business Platinum® Card from American Express OPEN – This is the other 100K offer set to expire, this one at the end of January.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn up to 100,000 Membership Rewards® points. Offer expires January 25, 2017.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $5,000 and an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- New: Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That’s 1.5 points per dollar, on each qualifying purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- Plus, continue to get one point per dollar for qualifying purchases under $5,000.
- New 50% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 50% of the points back.
- New: You can also receive 50% points back on all First and Business class flights, with all airlines available through American Express Travel.
- You can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Terms & Restrictions Apply
- See Rates & Fees