Flyertalk member Samson7256 had a great first post yesterday, highlighting a potential way to earn some easy miles with AA, DL, UA, US, and WN. He was looking for a way to add some extra miles and came across a New York Times offer in the UA MileagePlus Shopping portal awarding 1400 miles for new digital subscribers. For the first four weeks it is only 99 cents and you can cancel at any time. However, he notes that the miles posted within only two weeks and he was then able to repeat the offer for the same MileagePlus account. Even better, other posters confirmed that the offer is also available in the portals for American, Delta, US Airways, and Southwest. DEAL NOW DEAD 2/20/13 Here’s how to get the deal:
United – 900 or 1400 miles
1) Browse over to the UA MileagePlus Shopping portal and log in.
2) In the top right corner type in New York Times in the search bar.
3) Now, if you’re a UA Mileage Explorer Card holder you should see a 1400 mile offer, otherwise you’ll see a 900 mile offer.
4) Click shop now…
5) Next, you’ll be asked to enter your zip code. If you enter a zip code that has NYT delivery available, you’ll only receive these standard delivery options, the cheapest starting at $6.35 per week.
6) However, if you put in a zip code where the NYT does not offer delivery, you’ll be given the option for a digital subscription at 99 cents for your first 4 weeks (38883 works). You can use your actual address when entering your billing information during the next step.
7) That’s it, according the original poster, miles posted to his and his wife’s account within two weeks.
American – 1500 miles
1)Follow the instructions above but start your browsing at the AAdvantage eShopping portal. Use a different browser.
US Airways – 950 miles
1)Follow the instructions above but start you browsing at the Dividend Miles Storefront. Use a different browser.
Delta (1000 miles) & Southwest (1300 points) – Even easier. You don’t have to trick the system into offering you the digital subscription as it’s an option right from the start. Use a different browser.
1)Start at the SkyMiles Shopping Portal or Southwest Rapid Rewards Shopping.
2) Select the digital subscription option.
Important Notes – Besides the original poster, no one can confirm at this time the following:
1) Whether you can earn the miles from all portals at the same time. If you attempt this I would recommend using different browsers, emails, and credit cards.
2) Whether you can earn the bonus more than once per portal and across portals. The T&Cs state “new subscriptions will be eligible one time only, not eligible on subscriptions cancelled prior to 120 days”, however the original poster earned the UA bonus more than once by using different emails and credit cards even when canceling prior to 120 days.
Also, you must call 877-698-5635 to cancel your subscription which can surely be a hassle. A recent post seems to indicate that online canceling may also be available. Refer to the post for full details. I only personally subscribed this morning and do not have any data to report back yet as to what works and what does not. Try to exercise some restraint and don’t go crazy, let’s keep the deal alive for other readers!
HT – Samson7256 FT