This was my first Asiana flight and I enjoyed the business class trip from Seoul (ICN) to JFK on the B777-300. This is the final entry of a thirteen part trip report from my third and most recent trip back to Thailand.
- British Airways Terraces Lounge JFK
- Cathay Pacific Business Class JFK – Hong Kong (HKG) B777-300ER
- The Bridge, Cathay Pacific’s Newest Lounge at Hong Kong (HKG)
- Cathay Pacific Business Class HKG – BKK (Bangkok) A340
- W Bangkok
- JW Marriott Bangkok
- Sand Sea Resort – Railay Beach
- JW Marriott Phuket
- Thai Royal Orchid Lounge Bangkok (BKK) Concourse E
- Thai Royal Silk Lounge Bangkok (BKK) Concourse E
- Asiana Airlines Business Class BKK-ICN (Seoul) A330-300
- Asiana Lounge Business Class ICN (Seoul)
- Asiana Airlines Smartium Business Class ICN-JFK B777-300
- Le Méridien Bangkok
- W Retreat Koh Samui, Thailand
- Singapore Airlines SQ 21 – Newark (EWR) to Singapore (SIN) – All Business Class on the Longest Flight in the World!
- The St. Regis Singapore
- Le Méridien Angkor
Separate first and business class boarding:
The staggered direct aisle lie-flat seat with USB, power outlet, foldable arm, storage cubby (shoes), and wide cocktail table. Very similar to the new Iberia product.
Amenity Kit with L’Occitane product –
3 point seatbelt across the chest (takeoff and landing), a little under 7K miles to go, and bathroom amenities.
Lunch & Breakfast menus with both Western and Korean options. You’ll notice that like many of the other Asian carriers, there are also mid-flight snacks that can be ordered on request, however the selections are quite as exciting – sandwiches, fruit, ramen noodles, rice cake soup, ‘Tteokguk’, Korean laver rice roll, and chips.
Lunch – I went with the grilled halibut with porcini mushroom risotto and tomato sauce (very good) and enjoyed the scallops and soup as appetizers. Overall I thought the food was excellent.
IFE (also extremely similar to Iberia’s offering)
Required exercise time!!! I loved how the IFE locked up and everyone was shown these in-flight exercises… neck rolls can be fun!
Stationary and postcards to take home at the end of the flight…all in a nice Asiana folder:
The service really was excellent on this flight. Like the BKK-ICN leg, the bathroom was immediately “refreshed” after anyone used it. Flight attendants walked the aisles almost constantly after the meal service and were extremely professional and seemed genuinely happy to serve. I enjoyed the food, the large new release movie selections, and the standard lie-flat seat. The cabin was extremely warm, but not as bad as the BKK-ICN trip which was unbearable (more on that in the upcoming trip report). Note, I thought Asiana’s business class (the seat specifically) was much much better than Korean’s Prestige Sleeper seat (trip report coming soon as well).
Still, my month earlier JAL SKY SUITE flight is by far my favorite business class flight of all time! See – Trip Report – JAL SKY SUITE- My Favorite Business Class Flight – Tokyo (NRT) – JFK
Need help planning an award trip? Consider Juicy Miles assistance for the best possible award pricing and routes using points and miles!