Delta Sky Club members with CLEAR® can use their fingerprints to enter all 50 U.S. Delta Sky Club locations beginning this week. The experience is made possible through Delta’s new biometrics program – Delta Biometrics Powered by CLEAR – which is free for Delta Sky Club members who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents, and has the potential of streamlining check-in for millions of club visits each year.
“From unlocking our phones to entering the workplace, more and more people have the option to use biometrics as a form of identity verification for daily activities,” said Gil West, Delta’s COO. “Having that option is quickly becoming an expectation that we are working hard to meet through this program.”
How Delta Biometrics works:
The experience is made possible through CLEAR, which allows eligible customers to forego a paper or mobile boarding pass, or Club membership card, by securely verifying customer identity when they place two fingers on the designated fingerprint reader.
Delta Sky Club members with CLEAR can take advantage of this new touch point immediately. For Delta Sky Club members without a CLEAR membership who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents, enrolling in Delta Biometrics is easy, free and optional using these steps:
- Visit a CLEAR enrollment kiosk located in 14 Delta Sky Club locations across the country.
- At those kiosks, a CLEAR representative will be available to help with registration.
- Then, the member is immediately able to use Delta Biometrics to check in to the Delta Sky Club.
- Club members enrolled in Delta Biometrics will be able to use their fingerprints to securely and seamlessly check in to all domestic Delta Sky Clubs.
“Delta Biometrics and our work to make this kind of program available across Delta touch points is part of our ongoing commitment to finding secure, innovative solutions that actually improve the customer experience while giving our employees tools that help them engage more meaningfully with customers. We will continue to gauge employee and customer feedback to refine the offering, and evaluate additional touch points where biometrics can make travel seamless,” West continued.
Delta Biometrics features a new, enhanced scanner that was designed in response to employee and customer feedback throughout the testing phase. The scanner includes the following features:
- Ergonomic finger supports and angled fingerprint reader to optimize hand angle and promote successful scans;
- Intuitive sound and lighting check-in response for customers and ambassadors, so the processing signals are easier to understand; and
- Re-designed, sleeker device that was custom-built around the encrypted fingerprint reader.
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.