Forever Stylish Air France Introduces “Le Balcon”
After a partial reveal last January, Air France officially unveiled its fully new Business lounge in Hall L, Terminal 2E at Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG). The massive new lounge seats up to 540 passengers and features signature design elements only Air France could imagine:
- “Le Balcon” exclusive space created by the designer Mathieu Lehanneur
- A chic and elegant cocktail menu created by the Hotel Lancaster in Paris
- The largest wellness area of all the Air France lounges
- “Gourmet Table” dining area where a chef prepares fresh dishes in front of guests
Air France hired French designer Mathieu Lehanneur to create a stunning new bar area sure to delight even the most discerning travelers. Located at the center of the new Air France Business lounge, “Le Balcon” offers unobstructed runway views and comfortable but chic seating.
Fabulously French cuisine includes the new “Gourmet Table” dining area inspired by the “spirit of a modern Parisian brasserie.” Guests can watch the chef prepare unique dishes in an open kitchen environment. The new lounge also features a more traditional self-serve food area with simmered casseroles, fresh salads, and French pastries.
According to Air France, custom libations include,
- “Un air de Paris”, an Air France-exclusive cocktail of champagne and Cointreau with notes of orange and cognac, enhanced by a few drops of lemon
- A “Destination” cocktail-of-the-month, inspired by the flavors of a legendary city on the Air France network
- A rotating non-alcoholic mocktail created around an iconic ingredient from various French regions
Beret (Hat) Tip: TheDesignAir
All photos courtesy of Air France