British Airways is holding a pretty good sale this month to commemorate its 20th anniversary of Denver to London service. Through Sept. 12, Club World Business Class fares between Denver International (DEN) and London Heathrow (LHR) are $1998 round-trip on certain dates.
British Airways Club World is far from the best business class experience to Europe, but does offer lie-flat seats with semi-private enclosures (very semi) and decent meal service. It’s hard to beat that type of price for a Western U.S. to Europe flight.
The deal is notable, however, as $1998 is closer to discount boutique carrier La Compagnie’s business class fares. That airline operates angle-flat, not lie-flat, seating.
British Airways flies a Boeing 747-400 on the Denver to London route, with very desirable business class seating on the upper deck. The airline also upgraded its bedding and amenities recently. It costs extra to select business class seats in advance on British Airways now. Shame. Shame.
- Sale is valid on flights between Nov. 1 and Feb. 28, 2019.
- Sale price is only valid when two tickets are purchased together.
- Travel must be booked through British Airways own website.
- The sale only applies to round-trip itineraries that originate in Denver. The sale doesn’t work for LHR to DEN round-trips.
- The sale does not apply to connecting flights or itineraries, only nonstop DEN to LHR flights.
- The sale appears to cover some — but not all — dates around the Christmas and New Years holidays.
This is really a pretty good deal, particularly considering it spans the often incredibly expensive holiday travel season.
If the fare, $1998, looks like a date, it’s because it is. BA started its Denver service on Sept. 1, 1998.
Even for passengers not traveling directly from Denver or to London, this fare is good enough to consider adding on separate legs on either end to reach Europe in business class this winter.