Some AMEX Marriott Bonvoy Business cards are being targeted for up to 45,000 bonus points. Here are the details of the Bonvoy points offer:
- Spend $5,000 each month for up to six month
- Receive 7,500 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points each month
- Earn up to 45,000 Bonvoy points
If you are targeted and in order to take advantage of the offer, you need to enroll your AMEX card first:
This is a broadly targeted offer, both my husband and I got it on our American Express Marriott Bonvoy Business cards (old SPG Business). Some folks received an email but I found it under Amex Offers.
Don’t have the card? Consider signing up for 75,000 bonus Marrott Bonvoy points.
- Earn 75,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.
- 6x points at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels.
- 4x points at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping. 2x points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Silver Elite status with your Card. Plus, earn Gold Elite status after making $35,000 in eligible purchases on your Card in a calendar year.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees
Is This A Lucrative AMEX Offer?
To me, it’s an attractive offer. When you factor in the Bonvoy bonus points, it comes out to 3.5 points per dollar, better than the old SPG Amex earn rate of 3 points per dollar.
I intend to take advantage of this offer during the months when I know I can hit the $5000 threshold needed to trigger the bonus points. I would not spend more than that. In my opinion, this is a good offer if you still value Marriott Bonvoy points and like to use them for hotel stays or to transfer to partner airlines.
I recently booked Ritz Carlton Kyoto for 60,000 points a night (before the redemption went up to 85,000 a night), for a stay that’s going to be a part of our around-the-world trip. At the moment, my Marriott Bonvoy points balance is looking a little skinny, so I am glad for an opportunity to pad it a bit. I think the card and its benefits has definitely gotten worse over time, so I am glad Amex is doing at least something to entice cardholders to put more spend on the card.
If you are going to take advantage of this offer, don’t forget to enroll in it before you put any spending on the card.
Were you targeted for this American Express Bonvoy offer? Will you be taking advantage?
For rates and fees of the Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card, please click here.