This deal is a bit niche but a goodie nonetheless. Grab yourself a lie-flat seat on one of the coolest fifth freedom routes around. Air China runs a once weekly tag flight from Montreal to Havana as part of its Beijing-Montreal-Havana route, and the price is mighty fine.
Perfect for Montrealers looking for a getaway — or plane nerds looking to fly an interesting route to Cuba on a Chinese airline.
- Where: Montreal (YUL) to Havana (HAV) roundtrip
- When: This route only runs from YUL to HAV on Fridays and from HAV to YUL on Saturdays. Either stay for a week or one night. Availability through end of schedule.
- How Much: $300 lie-flat business class on Air China’s 787 Dreamliner
- Why: See Cuba in style on an awesome fifth freedom route
- How To Book: Directly through Air China’s website (warning: it’s not great). Remember to only search for Fridays on the outbound and Saturdays on the return.
This ticket books into a flexible business “R” class ticket and is refundable, with a $100 CAD refund penalty. Air China is part of Star Alliance and can be credited to a multitude of programs. Keep in mind visa requirements and travel restrictions to Cuba depending on your citizenship.
Eight hours total in lie-flat business for $300 is a superb deal. Get booking if it makes sense for you.