Did you know that in all of 2014, there were absolutely no new buyers of A380 aircraft? In fact, the only A380 sales were to a leasing company (a previous customer) who to date has not been able to find any carrier to take any of the 20 planes it ordered. Emirates of course still stands by the plane for their DXB hub model and has ordered an additional 140 jets.
“It’s an excellent plane but it only works for the right destinations,” said Air France-KLM (AF) Group Chief Executive Officer Alexandre de Juniac, who aims to cancel the last two of a dozen A380s on ordered and swap them for smaller models. Chris Buckley, Airbus’s Executive Vice President, Europe, Asia and Pacific, said the company has been “at fault” in the way it marketed the aircraft, letting carriers customize the interiors in whatever way rather than pushing the high-density credentials of the double-decker.
Check out the interesting article on the state of the A380 from Bloomberg here.
- Trip Report Part 1 – Emirates First Class on the A380 w/ Shower Suite – LAX – Dubai (DXB)
- Trip Report Part 2 – Emirates First Class on the A380 w/ Shower Suite – LAX – Dubai (DXB)
- Emirates Adds 4th Daily JFK – Dubai (DXB) – Amazing Award Availability w/ Alaska
- Emirates First Class Lounge – A380 Terminal – Concourse A – Dubai
- Emirates Business Class Lounge – A380 Terminal – Concourse A – Dubai
- Emirates A380 Business – JFK-Dubai Trip Report
- The New World’s Longest Flights
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.