They just keep coming, this was the latest announcement from Delta on new and expanded service from Seattle announced last Monday:
- One daily flight to Kona on the Big Island of Hawaii beginning Dec. 19, 2015
- One additional daily flight to Palm Springs, Calif., for a total of two daily seasonal flights beginning Dec. 19, 2015
- One daily seasonal flight to Tucson, Ariz., which was previously Saturday service, beginning Dec. 19, 2015
- Extension of seasonal service to daily year-round service to Fairbanks and Juneau, Alaska, beginning May 15, 2015
- Expanded seasonal service to Los Cabos and Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, beginning Oct. 3, 2015
Service to Kona will be operated with Boeing 757-200 aircraft. Fairbanks, Juneau and Puerto Vallarta will use Boeing 737-800 aircraft, while Los Cabos will use Airbus A319 aircraft. Palm Springs and Tucson service will be operated by Delta Connection carrier SkyWest using two-class, 65-seat CRJ-700 aircraft. Additionally, Delta will introduce Boeing 717 aircraft on some existing routes between Seattle and Las Vegas, Los Angeles and Phoenix.
According to the press release, “Delta will serve Seattle’s top 15 destinations in the Western US when service to Boise, Idaho; Denver; and Sacramento, Calif., launches this spring. Ketchikan and Sitka, Alaska, service will also launch in May, completing the top five destinations in Alaska.”
DL/AS Related: – Yesterday, Delta announced that you will NO LONGER earn Delta MQD on Alaska metal as of April 1st.
- AA Buys Alaska, Korean Leaves SkyTeam, Joins Oneworld, DL & AS Break-Up in this Crazy Scenario
- Alaska Airlines – “We’re Not Paying for Delta’s New Seattle Terminal”
- Alaska Disappearing in 2015? Delta CEO – “No Drama. Just Business”
- Alaska Airlines: It’s Time to Make a Deal with Delta – Opinion
- And It Continues…Delta Applies for Seattle (SEA) – Cabo (SJD) Service
- Could American Help Alaska Face the Delta Threat? AS & AA’s New Talks…
- It’s On – Alaska Adds More Salt Lake City Flights
- Here We Go Again – Delta Adds More Seattle Flights
- Delta’s New Seattle Flights – 70% Growth in 1 Year, Alaska Fights Back & Announces SLC Expansion!
- Delta & Alaska – Best Frenemies? The Battle for Seattle
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.