Expedia has released its Heat Index study, a survey of 1,000 American adults on their mating and dating habits when they travel:
1) You can’t spell “vacation” without “action”
According to the study, 12 percent of Americans have engaged in a holiday fling with someone they met on vacation, with 22 percent saying they’d consider extending that vacation fling into an ongoing relationship. But more people, 32 percent, said they’d rather keep their fling a vacation memory, while 43 percent said the future of their new romance would depend on how far away the other person lived.
2) Sexy hospitality
Their jobs are to help make sure vacationers have a good time, but a lot of vacationers like to return the favor. Two percent of Americans have been intimate with “a hotel employee, flight attendant, or tour guide” they met on vacation. Four percent say they’ve “considered it.”
3) Are we friskier with our partners on vacation?
Some of us are. Twenty-eight percent of Americans said, yes, they were “more intimate” with a partner while on vacation. Thirty-nine percent said it “depends on the location.” We can only assume the remaining 33 percent like to limit their romantic activities to their own zip codes.
4) Get a room!
Many of you are doing just that. Sixty-five percent of Americans say “the hotel” is the most likely venue for their intimate vacation encounters. “The bathtub” was in second place at 23 percent (it edged out “hot tub”). Other favorite romantic settings: the beach (20 percent), a tent (17 percent), a balcony (10 percent), and a rental car (4 percent).
Check out the seven remaining survey findings here.
Other Lists –
- 12 Surprising Things a Flight Attendant Can’t Do for You
- Ew! Latest Passenger Shaming – Underwear, Nudity, and Mid-Flight Rides…plus Feet!
- 30 Pilots and Flight Attendants Confess their “Best Kept Flying Secrets”
- Part 1 – 7 Secrets I Learned Sitting Next to a Pilot on My Last Flight
- Part 2: Secrets I Learned Sitting Next to an Airline Pilot
- We Don’t Wash the Sheets and Other Confessions of a Hostel Worker
- Confessions of a Fed-Up Flight Attendant: #1 – Attack of the Ambien Zombies
- Confessions of a Fed-Up Flight Attendant: #2 – More Nudity & Sleeping Pills
- Confessions of a Fed-Up Flight Attendant: #3 – The 15 Most Ridiculous Things People Say on a Plane
- Confessions of a Fed-Up Flight Attendant #4 –11 Strangest Things People Ask for on a Plane
- Confessions of a Fed-Up Flight Attendant #5 – What Happens in the Bathroom Doesn’t Stay in the Bathroom!
- Confessions of a Fed-Up Flight Attendant #6 – 15 Flying Tips That’ll Keep You Sane this Summer
- Confessions of a Fed-Up Flight Attendant #7 – Fecal Matter & Maxi Pads
- Confessions of a Fed-Up Flight Attendant #8 – Wheelchair Gaming the System
- Confessions of a Fed-Up Flight Attendant #9 – Peeing in Cups & Breastfeeding Cats
- Confessions of a Fed-Up Flight Attendant #10 – Drunks on a Plane
- Confessions of a Fed-Up Flight Attendant #11 – Tales From the Mile High Club
- Confessions of a Fed-Up Flight Attendant #12 – Smells on a Plane
- Confessions of a Fed-Up Flight Attendant #13 – The Worst People on the Plane
- Confessions of a Pilot #1: Debunking the Biggest Air Travel Myths
- Confessions of a Pilot #2: We Fly Blind!
- Confessions of a Pilot #3: Weirdo Pilots Edition – Smelly, Paranoid, and Narcoleptic…
- Confessions of a Concierge – Hotel Guests’ Craziest Requests
- Don’t Ask Flight Attendants these 10 Questions
- What Your Flight Attendant Really Thinks of You
- 10 Things You Should Never Say to a Flight Attendant
- 10 Signs You’re the Worst Person on Your Flight
- 16 Alarming Airline Secrets
- Nine Dirty Little Secrets of the Travel Industry
- 29 Things Your Pilot Won’t Tell You
- 7 Things Your Flight Attendant Wants You to Know
- What Do Flight Attendants Think of You…and your requests?
- The Unsurprising & Scary Confessions of a Regional Jet Pilot…sleeping in trailers at the airport
- How Much Do Singapore Airlines Flight Attendants Get Paid for Providing Great Service?
- Say What? Overheard on the Plane Edition 28 – Crazy Things Passengers Say to Flight Attendants
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.