The fall is the perfect time to visit Europe, when the massive throngs of summer tourists have thinned but the days are still warm and comfortable.
How does tapas and a glass of Spanish wine sound on a warm September night? Even better, do it in Barcelona or Madrid, and end the evening with a stroll around La Barceloneta or El Retiro Park with a churro in hand.
There is intense competition to Spain with a handful of airlines, both full service and low cost, that fly nonstop from the U.S. to Spain. That’s good news for us flyers because that means deals all around.
American, Delta, United, and Iberia have slashed prices to Spain, with basic economy roundtrip fares starting at $225. Basic economy does not include checked bags or seat assignments. Regular economy pricing (which does include assigned seats and one checked bag) start at around the $360 mark — still a fantastic deal.
There’s scattered availability from this fall through the spring of next year from a number of origins.
- Where: New York (NYC) / Philadelphia (PHL) / Boston (BOS) / San Francisco (SFO) / Los Angeles (LAX) / Chicago (ORD) / Miami (MIA) to Barcelona (BCN) / Madrid (MAD)
- When: September 2019 through May 2020
- How Much: From $225 roundtrip (basic economy)
- Why: Incredible deals for roundtrip travel to Europe, about half the cost of what we normally see
- How To Book: Search on the Google Flights calendar, then click through to book directly on the airline website or an online travel agency like Orbitz or Expedia.
Sample Dates: September 17 to September 24
Related: The Ultimate Guide To Google Flights
Sample Dates: October 4 to October 11
Best Ways To Maximize Your Purchase
Besides the miles you would earn with the airline for actually flying, you can also earn points for spending on credit cards. These are some of the cards that offer bonuses for purchasing airfare.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred Card – 2x Ultimate Rewards points on travel (directly with airline or OTA)
The Platinum Card® from American Express – 5x Membership Rewards points on flights booked directly with the airline
The Chase Sapphire Reserve – 3x Ultimate Rewards points on travel (directly with airline or OTA)
H/T: JT Genter
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.