There’s been a handful of great hotel deals lately through airline portal offers and AMEX Offers. Delta is now in the game with its own offer — and this one is open to anyone who wants to pad their stash of SkyMiles.
Breaking It Down:
- What Is It: Earn 5 Delta SkyMiles per dollar spent at hotels booked directly on Delta’s hotel website.
- How Long Does It Last: Book from March 25 through April 8, 2019 for stays any time in the future.
- How Do I Book: Bookings must be made directly on delta.com/hotels
- Why It Matters: Normally, you would only earn 1 SkyMile per dollar so this represents a 5x deal. However, with so many other offers out there, it pays to compare with airline and cashback portals for booking directly on a hotel’s website as well as credit card opt-in offers (like AMEX and Chase Offers).
- The Fine Print: No mileage is earned on taxes and fees, gratuities, room service and other incidental charges. Allow 8 weeks for SkyMiles to reflect on your account.
Other Ways To Earn SkyMiles
- The Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card From American Express has a welcome bonus of 60,000 SkyMiles after spending $2,000 within the first three months. You’ll also receive a $50 Statement Credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. The annual fee of $95 is waived the first year (See Rates & Fees)
These bookings are handled by hotels.com so don’t expect to be able to use your elite status perks if you have it or earn hotel points. However, it could make sense to take advantage of this offer if you’re looking to accumulate Delta SkyMiles for an upcoming redemption.
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.