Singapore Airlines said today that delivery of their new A350-900ULRs in 2018 will allow them to restart nonstop flights to New York and Los Angeles! The New York flight will overtake Emirates on Dubai-Panama (scheduled to start in February) to become the longest non-stop flight in the world at 9,3000 miles. Bloomberg received the following email confirmation:
“Our customers have been asking us to re-start nonstop Singapore-U.S. flights,” Singapore Air Chief Executive Officer Goh Choon Phong said in the statement. “We are pleased that Airbus was able to offer the right aircraft to do so in a commercially viable manner.”
The airline also said they would explore additional US destinations at that time. Singapore plans to receive 7 of the A350-900ULRs(ultra-long range) which have a modified fuel system.
Optimized for nonstop flights to the U.S., the two-engine planes will include a modified fuel system to increase fuel-carrying capacity, an increase in maximum take-off weight and other aerodynamic improvements, Airbus said.
Trip report from my EWR-SIN experience:
Related Singapore Posts:
- End of an Era, No Party for SQ21 – World’s Longest Non-Stop Flight Arrives Back Home
- How Much Do Singapore Airlines Flight Attendants Get Paid for Providing Great Service?
- Singapore Introduces the “Future of Premium Economy” – Leather Seats, Amenity Kits, Book the Cook, & More
- Guess How Much Singapore Airlines Spends on Champagne Each Year?
- One of My Favorite Airports Announces Expansion…with waterfalls
- 3 Extravagant Flights You’ll Never Be Able to Afford…Unless You Have Miles
- The Singapore Airlines Employment Application – WOW…crazy questions
- Low Level Awards -Longest Flight in the World – 1 Month Remaining!
All Other Singapore Trip Reports:
- Singapore Airlines First Class 777-300ER Houston (IAH) – Moscow (DME) Part 1
- Singapore Airlines First Class 777-300ER Moscow (DME) – Singapore (SIN) & DME Transfer Lounge Part 2
- The Singapore Airlines Private Room @ SilverKris Lounge Terminal 3 & SilverKris Lounge Terminal 2 @ SIN
- Singapore Airlines Business Class 777-200 Singapore (SIN) – Bali (DPS)
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.