This is part twelve of a fourteen part trip report from my travels to the UK, Malta, and Mallorca. This picture trip report includes my stay at the Hilton London Paddington which is located adjacent to the Paddington Station in London.
- Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse Newark (EWR)
- Virgin Atlantic Upper Class Newark (EWR)- London Heathrow (LHR) on Delta SkyMiles!
- Star Alliance Business Class Lounge: Terminal 1, London Heathrow
- Lufthansa Economy Class London Heathrow (LHR) – Munich (MUC) – Malta (MLA) – Frankfurt (FRA) – LHR
- Lufthansa Senator Lounge Munich – Terminal 2, level 4, departures G, opposite gate G28
- Lufthansa Business Lounge B Frankfurt – Terminal 1, departure area B (Non-Schengen)
- The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta
- Monarch Airlines Economy London Luton (LTN) – Palma de Mallorca (PMI) – LTN using Avios!
- Beach House by Meliá, Magaluf Beach in Calviá
- Le Méridien Piccadilly, London, UK
- Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford, Surrey, UK
- Hilton London Paddington, London, UK
- SkyTeam Lounge London Heathrow (LHR) Terminal 4
- Delta Airlines BusinessElite London Heathrow (LHR) – JFK
Let’s start off with the location, located right next to London Paddington station where you can catch the Heathrow Express directly to the airport. The main signage in the station even includes signs to the Hilton…
Check-In was quick and easy with four front desk reception agents on duty, though we had to fight our way through the several large US tour groups crowding the lobby as they checked out.
As a HHonors gold member I was given no upgrade as the hotel was “very full”. It was only a one night stay and I didn’t feel like checking my iPhone to see if they were telling the truth or not. I was given free breakfast and internet but NO lounge access (located in the lobby). The front desk informed me that lounge access is only granted to Diamond members at the hotel and those upgraded to Executive Level rooms.
The room…It was pretty small, essentially a bed and a chair….
There was no welcome fruit basket etc, but the aged room surprisingly had USB, UK, and European inputs.
The view included a wall and the top of the train station…
Breakfast was a true highlight with a gigantic spread. I arrived a few minutes late and the host was nice enough to bring a few of the dishes back out and had the chef come directly over to my table to see if I wanted an omelette.
While the room was nothing spectacular and I received no upgrade (granted I booked only 24 hours in advance), the location cannot be beat for a quick escape to Heathrow. There’s even a backdoor that lets you out directly into the station entrance. I didn’t require the assistance, but the bellboys were superb and offered to carry my bags to the station if I needed. Total time from check-out to LHR arrival was 32 minutes, including 7 minutes to make it from the hotel to the train. Unfortunately, that time is to terminals 1 & 3 and Delta (and SkyTeam) is located at Terminal 4…so add another 12-15 minutes to the total trip time.
Up next, SkyTeam Lounge London Heathrow.
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.