This is part one of a twelve part trip report from my current travels to Kiev, Vienna, Tel Aviv, and Kraków. I’m actually about to board the LOT Polish 787 Dreamliner here in Warsaw for my flight to Chicago and then back home…very excited. However, this trip report covers the Lufthansa Senator Lounge / Business Lounge @ JFK which is utilized by Austrian Airlines and located in Terminal 1. I stopped there on my outbound flight to Kiev via Vienna.
- Lufthansa Senator / Business Lounge @ JFK
- Austrian Airlines – JFK-Vienna (VIE) in New Business
- Austrian Lounge Vienna & Austrian Airlines – Vienna (VIE) to Kiev (KBP) F70 – Business
- Premier Palace Hotel Kiev
- I Survived KLM TransAtlantic Economy…and dare I say it was pretty nice! Trip Report KLM Economy
- Kiev, Unexpectedly Awesome – Lots of Pics
- Ukraine International Airlines – Kiev (KBP) to Tel Aviv (TLV) – Economy
- New Sheraton Towers Tel Aviv
- Le Méridien Vienna
- Sheraton Kraków Hotel
- LOT Polish 787 Dreamliner! Warsaw (WAW) – Chicago (ORD) in Business
- LOT Warsaw Lounges & LOT Polish Kiev (KBP) – Warsaw (WAW)
I actually don’t have much to say about the lounge, it was nice – nothing unique or special, but definitely nicer than most domestic carriers and up there with most other JFK business lounges (besides the ME carriers of course). There was no hot food, but the complimentary cold dishes were fresh, tasty, and plentiful. They included a grilled chicken sandwich, a brie/roasted tomato wrap, fruit salad, potato salad, caesar salad, avocado and guacamole spreads, a veggie platter, a make your own salad area, muffins, yogurts, chips, M&Ms, gummy bears, and other desserts.
The only other thing I’ll say is that the lounge was nice and empty at the time of the Austrian Airlines flight (departure at 5:40pm). The majority of the tables and seats were empty, I counted 21 other people in the entire lounge. Outside the main seating area there was also a media room of sorts with TVs and leather chairs as well as a working area.
OK that’s it for me, on to my first Dreamliner flight!
Doesn’t everyone love gummy bears with a sandwich?
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.