This is part five of a fourteen part trip report from my travels to the UK, Malta, and Mallorca. This picture report includes my Lufthansa Senator Lounge experience in Munich. I was granted access thanks to my Star Alliance Gold status from United while flying Lufthansa in economy from London to Malta.
- Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse Newark (EWR)
- Virgin Atlantic Upper Class Newark (EWR)- London Heathrow (LHR) on Delta SkyMiles!
- Star Alliance Business Class Lounge: Terminal 1, London Heathrow
- Lufthansa Economy Class London Heathrow (LHR) – Munich (MUC) – Malta (MLA) – Frankfurt (FRA) – LHR
- Lufthansa Senator Lounge Munich – Terminal 2, level 4, departures G, opposite gate G28
- Lufthansa Business Lounge B Frankfurt – Terminal 1, departure area B (Non-Schengen)
- The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta
- Monarch Airlines Economy London Luton (LTN) – Palma de Mallorca (PMI) – LTN using Avios!
- Beach House by Meliá, Magaluf Beach in Calviá
- Le Méridien Piccadilly, London, UK
- Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford, Surrey, UK
- Hilton London Paddington, London, UK
- SkyTeam Lounge London Heathrow (LHR) Terminal 4
- Delta Airlines BusinessElite London Heathrow (LHR) – JFK
There are multiple Star Alliance Gold options at Munich, but I picked them one closest to my departure gate – Terminal 2, level 4, near gate G28 within the Schengen departure area.
The lounge was very busy but had plenty of seating in multiple areas…
There were several warm and cold lunch options including: meat loaf Munich style (Pork warning via a Pink Pig), beef meatballs, cannelloni ricotta-spinat, Black Forest ham sandwiches, bagels with salmon and cream cheese, assorted salad dishes, famous German potato salad, boiled eggs, fruit cups, pretzels, vegetarian cream of vegetable soup, and apple pie.
Both 220 and 110 volt outlets…
Four shower rooms…
This Senator Lounge even had a coffee bar with barista and additional snacks…
Overall, for a short layover between two relatively short economy flights, I was very satisfied with the lounge. I had a great lunch with multiple hot options while recharging my laptop and phone and posting a few blog entries (with strong wifi). Up next, Lufthansa Business Lounge Frankfurt.
Interested in using your miles for a flight but can’t find availability? Consider using Juicy Miles for award booking assistance.
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.