SkyTeam opened its Sydney Airport lounge in January 2015. The lounge is available to Elite Plus, First and Business Class passengers flying on any of the seven SkyTeam airlines serving the airport (China Airlines, China Eastern, China Southern, Delta Air Lines, Garuda Indonesia, Korean Air and Vietnam Airlines).
This is part three of an eight part trip report from my recent trip to Sydney:
- Virgin Australia Business LAX to Sydney
- Sheraton on the Park Sydney
- SkyTeam Lounge Sydney
- American Express Lounge Sydney
- Delta ONE (Business) Sydney to LAX (including my first Delta flight with PJs!)
- Delta’s Updated LAX Sky Club
- Delta ONE (Business) LAX-JFK-LAX
- Wow…Hot complimentary food at Delta’s JFK T4 Sky Club
If you’re going to be in the lounge around the time of the Delta flight (11:10AM), it’s not all that crowded. The American Express lounge (which I’ll cover next and is located next door) has far fewer available seats (but better food selections).
There were both hot and cold breakfast choices and the bar remains open in the morning:
The lounge features:
- Seating capacity for 140 guests, with electrical outlets available by each seat
- Wellness center including showers and four massage chairs
- Dedicated TV room
The lounge seating, vibe, coloring, and even the lights are quite similar to the SkyTeam London Heathrow lounge – see Trip Report – SkyTeam Lounge London Heathrow T4 (LHR).
The Skyteam lounge is managed by Plaza Premium Lounge Management who also manages the AmEx lounge next door….leading to a very similar experience. That report tomorrow.
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.