The votes are in. After three weeks, much conversation and more than 60,000 employees voting, we now have an answer to the question about what will be painted on the tails of our aircraft. It was very close but the majority has spoken and the new flag tail will proudly represent American Airlines – and all of us – for years to come.
and there it is…that was the message this morning from Doug Parker to employees of the New American. A small majority of the 60,000 voting workers favored the new logo – 52 percent picked the new design over the old logo — the classic AA eagle silhouette. The 40+ year old prior logo lost by fewer than 2,300 votes. The new flag design will be painted on 1,109 AA & US planes to be repainted this year beginning with the 580 jets in the former US Airways fleet.
- AA’s New Look Unveiled – 1967 Livery Replaced
- First Look – New American – Joint AA & US Airways TV Commercial
- American Airlines to Revamp Schedule – US Airways Style
- American / US Airways Updates Airbus Order, Goes for Larger Variant
- American Plans Only 36 Traditional Economy Seats on A321 Transcon Jets
- American Previews Upgraded Fleet Plans & Interiors – Steps It Up A319, A321, B737-800, and B777-300ER
- AA Classes It Up – More New Pics of the 777-300ER
- AA Further Steps-Up First & Business Class
- Building Up US Miles for the AA Merger – Time to Take AAdvantage, Full List of Offers!
- TWA Livery Coming to AA & More Details on the Tail Vote
- AA CEO to Let Airline Employees Pick Tail Logo – Hinted at Changes Last March
- Amazing 40X Return for AA Shareholders – Bankruptcy Pays Out…in this case anyway
- JFK TWA Terminal Back in Use! …with models
- Field Trip to the TWA Flight Center – Behind the Scene Pics and a Journey Back in Time