My flight from Vancouver landed in Hong Kong early in the morning, and since the next shuttle bus to my hotel wasn’t leaving until another hour or so, I decided to make a quick stop at Cathay Pacific’s The Arrival Lounge in Hong Kong to freshen up. Also see:
- Part 1 – Trip Report & Review – British Airways First + Galleries Lounges @ JFK
- Part 2 – Trip Report & Review – Cathay Pacific First Class New York (JFK) to Vancouver (YVR)
- Part 3 – Trip Report & Review – Cathay Pacific First Class Vancouver to Hong Kong
The lounge was nothing to write home about, and was on the tiny side (for big & luxurious see the Pier, Bridge and Day-break Cathay lounge review links at the bottom of this post). It does offer the “arrivals essentials,” such as several decent food options, showers, luggage storage, and nice showers. It was fairly empty when I was there, but there was a line for the showers, so I had a quick bite. They was a selection of dim sums, yogurts, and fresh fruit.
There were also a few work stations and the Wi-Fi in the lounge was pretty fast.
My shower was ready about 15 minutes after I checked in. There were a total of three attendants working the showers, which were tucked behind the work station. The shower room was clean and stocked with some key amenities.
Finally, I also want to follow up on something I discovered within the First Class pajamas. Attached to the bag was a tag that included a coupon for a free gift from PYE, the company that designs the pajamas. I visited a PYE store at Pacific Place in Hong Kong and picked up my free gift – a pretty nice set of cotton handkerchiefs. The store associate mentioned that the coupon could also be used as a HK$ 500 (USD 64.50) store credit. Pretty generous! …though their ready-to-wear dress shirts go for about HK$1000 – $1500, while custom made shirts cost twice or thrice as much!
Need helping planning your next award trip? Consider Juicy Miles for all your award booking needs, Enoch (author of this post) and the rest of the team stand ready to assist!
- Cathay Pacific First Class Trip Report – My Favorite FC Trip Ever? HKG-YVR-JFK
- The Cathay Pacific Pier Lounge HKG/Day-Break Rooms, connecting flight KUL – HKG
- Cathay Pacific First Class 777-300ER Hong Kong (HKG) – Vancouver (YVR) – JFK
- British Airways Galleries Lounge JFK
- Cathay Pacific Business Class JFK – Hong Kong (HKG) B777-300ER
- The Bridge, Cathay Pacific’s Newest Lounge at Hong Kong (HKG)
- Cathay Pacific Business Class HKG – BKK (Bangkok) A340