The  AAdvantage eShopping mall has sort of matched United’s offer of 500 miles for every $250 in spend, though AA sets the limit at only 2,000 miles, whereas UA caps it at $2500. Check out the AA offer here, which is only open to AAdvantage members who are enrolled in the AAdvantage eShopping mall as of November 18, 2012 and shop between November 18, 2012 and December 17, 2012. Miles post 8-10 weeks from the end of the bonus offer period and all AA eShopping merchants are eligible including Apple, Best Buy, Bloomingdales, Gap, iTunes, Macy’s, Staples, Target, Toys “R” Us, Walgreens, Walmart, etc.

6 Responses to “AA Matches UA Shopping Bonus – 500 AAdvantage Miles for Every $250 in Spend, Up to 2,000”

1. martin henner says:

The United offer says
    “Earn extra miles at select online retailers”
    But it doesn’t give a list of which retailers are “selected”

@martin – Yes very secretive, though the T&Cs state ” …receive 500 bonus miles with every $250 spent online through MileagePlus Shopping; up to 2,500 bonus miles.” They don’t mention anything about only certain merchants participating and it seems to apply to the entire mall. .

2. Chris says:

Got similar offers from Delta. I say offers because my wife and I got different offers. I am Platinum, and my wife is Silver.

Mine: for every $125 you spend we’ll give you an additional 250 miles—up to 2,500 miles!*

Wife’s: for every $150 you spend we’ll give you an additional 500 miles—up to 5,000 miles*

I have fewer miles right now only because I spent them all on award flights this year. What was their criteria for the different offers?

3. David says:

that is not good for me, I just purchased Ipad Mini at AA shopping last week, lost 1000 miles. bummer!

4. […] and United As per a previous post, AA and United have similar promotions… The  AAdvantage eShopping mall has sort of matched United’s offer of 500 miles for every $250 […]