As I mentioned in my previous post, I had been patiently waiting and hoping to receive the much talked about 15k offer from Barclays and it finally arrived at the end of February. Several readers who signed up for the card a month or two after me, had been waiting for their offer as well, two of them (Eric and Bryant) emailed me yesterday to inform me that they received the offer yesterday for May 1- July 31st! What is the 15k offer? Lately, Barclays has been offering an additional 15K bonus for spending $750 every month for 3 months after a period of inactivity once you complete your first purchase (usually 2 months or so) on your new US Airways Premier World MasterCard. In my case, I applied for the card (for a second time) in early December and made my first purchase on December 17th. My bonus miles posted to my Dividend Miles account on January 2nd and I then tucked the card away. For those of you who have just received the card, this promotion is still very much alive and I’d recommend curbing your spending after your first purchase in order to potentially qualify for this promotion.

Check out this previous post for results of my experiments in US Airways MasterCard churning and tips on proposed timelines and best available offers.

1) 40K 30K after your first purchase, annual fee of $89, up to an additional 10k when you transfer a balance within 90 days (1 mile per $). Full landing page and promo details.

• Earn up to 40,000 bonus miles on qualifying transactions
  • EXCLUSIVE: Redeem flights for 5,000 fewer miles
  • Zone 2 boarding on every flight
  • Enjoy 2 miles per $1 spent on US Airways purchases
  • Earn 1 mile per $1 spent everywhere else
  • Annual companion certificate good for round-trip travel for up to 2 companions at $99 each, plus taxes and fees
  • First Class check-in
  • Please see terms and conditions for complete details

2) Business Card – 25k after your first purchase, up to 10k for balance transfer within the first 30 days (1 mile per $), $79 annual fee. Note this link will also give you the option to select a business card with no annual fee and 5k miles for signing up.

Offer is valid for select cardmembers and is not transferable. You will earn 15,000 bonus miles after you charge over $750 in net retail purchases (purchases that are not returned or rescinded) each month from May 1, 2013 through July 31, 2013. If you do not spend over $750 in any of the 3 months of the promotion, you will not be eligible for any bonus miles as part of this offer. To receive your bonus miles, your account must be open and in good standing. Purchases made during periods when your account is delinquent, your balance exceeds your credit line or your account is otherwise not in good standing as defined in your Credit Card Cardmember Agreement do not qualify for this offer. Your bonus miles will appear on your statement up to 6-8 weeks after the end of the promotion. Net retail purchases do not include such things as the purchase of money orders, traveler’s checks, foreign currency, lottery tickets, gambling chips, wire transfers, person-to-person money transfers or using the account to obtain a cash advance.

17 Responses to “15,000 US Airways Miles Offer Returns!”

1. Dave says:

I received this card and made my first purchase over a month ago. I have actually already paid my first statement balance in full, but the 30,000 points have still not hit my US Airways account. Is this normal? Based on your post it seems like the points posted pretty quickly for you.

2. mike says:

spending not worthed for 15k

@mike – For me 15K US Airways miles or future AAdvantage miles are surely worth the additional spend on Vanilla Reload cards that I’ll be paying my rent with anyway.

3. Nic says:

@Mike
    You want to explain why?

4. tim says:

It is totally worth it. It’s like manufacturing points at 7.67x [(15,000+2,250)miles/$2,250] assuming you are buying reloads/gift cards. I’m getting a card soon in the mail and I’m definitely hoping to get this offer after a few months.

• Jivepicnic says:

Totally agree, Tim. Actually, it’s definitely worth it to me for any kind of non-bonus spend (not just manufactured spend).

5. Swap says:

Hi,

I got the US Airways card on jan 28th and so far i did spend around 100-150$ on the card. Should i stop spending so i can qualify for the offer? Please advice how i can be eligible for the 15000 bonus miles. Thanks

@Swap – Yes, since you’ve already met the minimum, I’d recommend suspending any further use on the card. You want Barclays to have incentive to entice you to use the card again.

6. TimP says:

Heck you could even say this is a 50k sign up for $2,251 min spend! Would make it one of the best CC bonuses out there if you could count on getting the 15k offer. Just got my second card and you can be sure I will be looking hard for this offer in a few months.

7. Carlos says:

I was approved for the same card January 8. However, I did not make my first purchase right away. I ended up getting the ad for the bonus 15,000 for April-June monthly purchases, without having spent my first penny on the card!

8. RJ Brown says:

I must be dog meat as I haven’t seen this offer……but then again I have always believed US Scareways to be dogmeat so the feelings are mutual………

9. webazoid says:

Applied for card mid february for 35k. Spent $500+change on it for a VR. Put card in drawer. Got 15k offer for $750 on May, June, and July. Will be bringing it back to action next week.

10. Jayson says:

The fiance’ and I just each got the 40k sign-up with making $1 purchase and $100 balance transfer. This offer is horrible.

11. Scott M. says:

Got this offer back in March. It fit perfectly with our plans to fly to California in May, using the $99 guest passes for my wife and daughter. Will hit May’s spend while out there for gas, food, and sightseeing. It is almost as good as a churn, but without the credit pull.

12. Marvin O'Grovel says:

I got the US Airways and Frontier Barclays cards at the same time in February, met the minimums, got my points, and stopped using them.

Got the same 15k bonus/$750x3mo offer for both cards on the same day. FYI – the months on my offer were April/May/June, so this offer doesn’t appear to be a limited-time deal. I’d say it’s sent out continually when cardholders go dormant in an attempt to draw them back into regular usage.

I’m going for the US Airways bonus but not the Frontier bonus since I don’t really need more Frontier miles.

I see a lot of sourpusses bagging on this offer. Someone will have to explain to me how 15,000 miles for $2250 in spend is a bad deal. I know it can’t compete with the better signup bonuses but it blows other everyday spend return out of the water.