Dustin, a reader and AA employee at LAX, shares a copy of the 12/16 internal Arrivals newsletter which is a joint AA / US Airways merger communication for employees of the new American. Inside we learn of a very exciting planned TWA heritage livery as well as details on the tail vote including Doug’s thoughts and a picture of the proposed old AA logo on the new fuselage design.
I was a fan of the old livery but the new livery definitely continues to grow on me…I’m not a full hater anymore. I thought I’d definitely be in support of the old AA tail on the new fuselage, but in the picture above it looks kind of silly in my opinion. Completely different reds and blues than the fuselage and the new logo which is already in use. Instead, I like this design below by Tom Collins published on https://www.facebook.com/groups/fixthetaail. It incorporates the eagle and keeps the new colors / logo. What do you think?
- JFK TWA Terminal Back in Use! …with models
- Field Trip to the TWA Flight Center – Behind the Scene Pics and a Journey Back in Time
- AA CEO to Let Airline Employees Pick Tail Logo – Hinted at Changes Last March
- AA’s New Look Unveiled – 1967 Livery Replaced
- AA Livery Changes Possible Post-Merger as per SEC Filing & Doug Parker Comments