For well over a year now, Barclays has been offering an additional 15k bonus miles for spending $750 every month for 3 months after a period of inactivity once you complete your first purchase (usually 2 months or so) on a new US Airways Premier World MasterCard. I received the offer twice over the last year, but several readers have been emailing in the last few months that they have not received their offer. They all note that they’ve either curtailed or completely stopped spending on their new card. I too had not seen a similar offer from Barclays since early summer. Well, today reader Michael (on the first leg of his completely free honeymoon in Hawaii thanks to Juicy Miles), has forwarded on the offer he just received. Of interest, he applied and was approved for his card on Labor Day. Here’s the offer he received today via email:
Offer is valid for select cardmembers and is not transferable. You will earn 15,000 bonus miles after you charge over $750 in net retail purchases (purchases that are not returned or rescinded) each month from December 1, 2013 through February 28, 2014. If you do not spend over $750 in any of the 3 months of the promotion, you will not be eligible for any bonus miles as part of this offer. To receive your bonus miles, your account must be open and in good standing. Purchases made during periods when your account is delinquent, your balance exceeds your credit line or your account is otherwise not in good standing as defined in your Credit Card Cardmember Agreement do not qualify for this offer. Your bonus miles will appear on your statement up to 6-8 weeks after the end of the promotion. Net retail purchases do not include such things as the purchase of money orders, traveler’s checks, foreign currency, lottery tickets, gambling chips, wire transfers, person-to-person money transfers or using the account to obtain a cash advance.
Let’s continue building those future AAdvantage balances. The US Airways cards are churnable and there is even a business version. Check out this previous post for results of my experiments in US Airways MasterCard churning and tips on proposed timelines and best available offers.
30K after your first purchase, annual fee of $89, up to an additional 10k when you transfer a balance within 90 days (1 mile per $). Full landing page and promo details.
- Earn up to 40,000 bonus miles on qualifying transactions
- EXCLUSIVE: Redeem flights for 5,000 fewer miles
- Zone 2 boarding on every flight
- Enjoy 2 miles per $1 spent on US Airways purchases
- Earn 1 mile per $1 spent everywhere else
- Annual companion certificate good for round-trip travel for up to 2 companions at $99 each, plus taxes and fees
- First Class check-in
- Please see terms and conditions for complete details
4) Business Card – 25k after your first purchase, up to 10k for balance transfer within the first 30 days (1 mile per $), $79 annual fee. Note this link will also give you the option to select a business card with no annual fee and 5k miles for signing up.