Last Friday, Virgin Australia re-confirmed that even with multiple delays, their new business class cabin will be available on B-777 aircraft servicing Los Angeles by December 2015. This is great news for all of those who took advantage of last week’s amazing business class availability on Virgin Australia in Dec/Jan/Feb using Delta SkyMiles. The airline told Australian Business Traveller that the delay was actually a positive in terms of consistency:
“The shorter the reconfiguration time the better off you are to provide consistency of product. A longer upgrade cycle meant “you actually disappoint customers,because they get on a plane today and it’s the new product, then they get on another plane tomorrow and it’s the old product – it’s like a lucky dip.”
The new business class aboard international 777s will launch in November but will take place in two waves reports the site:
Virgin Australia’s fleet of five Boeing 777s will be refurbished in two waves: from October to December 2015, which is expected to primarily feed the Sydney-LAX and Brisbane-LAX services; and then February-April 2016 to bed down all three of Virgin Australia’s international routes including Sydney-Abu Dhabi flights.
Virgin Australia has a full page devoted to their next generation business class cabin, hoping my flight during xmas week will have the cabin:
NEW BUSINESS CLASS FEATURES
- Individual suites in a 1-2-1 seat configuration which convert into 80 inch fully flat beds.
- Simply tailored, hopsack seat upholstery with leather head and arm rests.
- Unique tablet holder (L 10.50” x D 1.02” x W 7.35”) specifically designed for Virgin Australia as well as dedicated side console with USB port and universal power socket.
- Retractable privacy screen dividing centre seats.
- Three types of adjustable lighting including reading light, soft ambient lamp and brighter overhead light.
- Enhanced restaurant-style service with new Luke Mangan designed menus and table linen to complement the new suites.
- Dedicated “Deep Sleep” turndown service by Cabin Crew with large pillows and duvet for guests.
BOEING B777 FEATURES
- Newly designed Business Class bar, offering face-to-face service for up to four seated guests and additional lounge seating behind the bar.
- Larger 18” gesture-based touch screens with ‘Red’ Panasonic XE2 system graphical user interface providing additional functionality and more than 300 hours of entertainment.
- Premium Economy cabin and seat refresh with 24 seat capacity.
- An extra 3 inches of legroom on all Premium Economy seats with 41 inch seat pitch.
- Transformed Premium Economy meal service.
- Extra Legroom Zone in the Economy cabins.
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.