After multiple delays, Virgin Australia finally announced about ten days ago that their first retrofitted Boeing 777-300ER aircraft was flying across the Pacific. Of course, there are four others that are not completed and so there’s no guarantee that you’ll receive the updated aircraft in the short term. Delta, which used to have amazing “low level” SkyMiles availability for the award (80K each way in business) does have sporadic dates available throughout the summer. You can also redeem with Virgin America Elevate points (SPG points transfer 1:1 to Elevate and roundtrip business prices out at just 45K one-way or 80K round-trip)!
From Virgin Australia:
Introducing ‘The Business’, an exceptionally stylish, relaxing and refined way to fly on Virgin Australia’s Boeing 777 aircraft.
Stretch out in your private cocoon-like suite as you enjoy the luxurious comfort of a fully flat bed and the convenience of direct aisle access. Request a turn down service with luxurious pillows, duvet and Julie Grbac designed pyjamas while you refresh with a Mandarina Duck amenity kit and REN Skincare products.
At any time during your flight, you can adapt the environment to suit your mood with multiple lighting options, spaces to work, and an 18-inch screen to keep you entertained. For those travelling in pairs, our centre suites provide a retractable privacy screen allowing
you to enjoy the in-flight experience together.
Relish in the surrounds of The Bar as you enjoy a drink with other guests of ‘The Business’, or retreat for a quiet moment of reflection.
Dedicated Cabin Crew are on hand to ensure that you’re taken care of as your journey is every bit as important as your destination.
From your welcome champagne and bespoke Luke Mangan designed dining options, to your Nespresso coffee, you’ll discover your every need catered for. Indulge in A La Carte cuisine, plated on fine dining crockery and served on-demand to your suite. Create your own dish with our Breakfast Australia dining option, or if you would like to dine as soon as you’re in the air, you can with Express Dining.
With the unparalleled, award-winning service Virgin Australia is famous for, you can immerse yourself in the experience as you’re transported into a world unlike any other.
Additional exclusive benefits for ’The Business’ guests include:
- Dedicated ‘The Business’ Check-in and Priority Boarding
- Access to Virgin Australia partner lounges
- Mood lighting throughout the cabin to reflect the different phases of your flight
- Fully adaptable private suite with electrical power, USB connectivity and storage at your fingertips
- Customs Express Path and Priority Baggage release
- Generous baggage allowance
New Business Class Features:
- Individual suites in a 1-2-1 seat configuration which convert into 80 inch fully flat beds.
- Simply tailored, hopsack seat upholstery with leather head and arm rests.
- Unique tablet holder (L 10.50” x D 1.02” x W 7.35”) specifically designed for Virgin Australia as well as dedicated side console with USB port and universal power socket.
- Retractable privacy screen dividing centre seats.
- Three types of adjustable lighting including reading light, soft ambient lamp and brighter overhead light.
- Enhanced restaurant-style service with new Luke Mangan designed menus and table linen to complement the new suites.
- Dedicated “Deep Sleep” turndown service by Cabin Crew with large pillows and duvet for guests.
Boeing B777 Features:
- Newly designed Business Class bar, offering face-to-face service for up to four seated guests and additional lounge seating behind the bar
- Larger 18” gesture-based touch screens with ‘Red’ Panasonic XE2 system graphical user interface providing additional functionality and more than 300 hours of entertainmen
- Premium Economy cabin and seat refresh with 24 seat capacity
- An extra 3 inches of legroom on all Premium Economy seats with 41 inch seat pitch
- Transformed Premium Economy meal service
- Extra Legroom Zone in the Economy cabins.
I recently redeemed SkyMiles at the low level– see DL Schedule Change Allows for Awesome Australia Award Flights (Non-Stop JFK-LAX-SYD both ways) and very much enjoyed my Virgin Australia business class flight. Check out the seven part trip report here:
- Virgin Australia Business LAX to Sydney
- Sheraton on the Park Sydney
- SkyTeam Lounge Sydney
- American Express Lounge Sydney
- Delta ONE (Business) Sydney to LAX (including my first Delta flight with PJs!)
- Delta’s Updated LAX Sky Club
- Wow…Hot complimentary food at Delta’s JFK T4 Sky Club