BREAKING – Dubai: An airline passenger yesterday narrowly avoided missing out on informing her friends and followers on social media that she was in a business class lounge, according to shocking reports.
The incident is believed to have taken place at Dubai International Airport’s Terminal 1, from where the unnamed woman was reportedly flying with Virgin Atlantic to London. Eyewitnesses claim it was only upon hearing the last call for her flight that she realized the mistake.
“It looked really touch and go for a minute,” said Lindsay Washington, who was also in the business class lounge but posted details on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram regarding her location immediately upon entering.
“There was this mad, desperate panic as she frantically tried to type into her phone while gathering her bags and running for the exit. I think she did it in the end, but to be honest she had already left by the time it would have gone up.”
Later reports confirmed that the passenger did manage to ‘check into’ the lounge on Facebook without missing her flight, but didn’t have enough time to add her usual comment such as ‘Here we are again’ or ‘Jet set, moi?’
The news comes just three weeks after an Etihad flight from Abu Dhabi was forced to turn around shortly after take off when a woman in business class realized that she hadn’t updated her FourSquare account from the lounge. Aviation authorities are now urging all airlines to issue reminders in their business and first class facilities.
Haha, thanks to the PAE for the comical re-post!
Dubai Related –
- Emirates First Class Lounge – A380 Terminal – Concourse A – Dubai
- Emirates First Class Lounge Concourse B – Dubai
- Trip Report Part 1 – Emirates First Class on the A380 w/ Shower Suite – LAX – Dubai (DXB)
- Trip Report Part 2 – Emirates First Class on the A380 w/ Shower Suite – LAX – Dubai (DXB)
- Trip Report – Emirates First Class DXB- Malé (MLE) – DXB B777-200LR
- Emirates Business Class Lounge – A380 Terminal – Concourse A – Dubai
- Trip Report – Emirates First Class DXB – Milan (MXP)
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.