American Airlines currently has several opportunities for bonus AAdvantage miles including a double mileage bonus and a challenge.
The first promotion is allowing for double miles on all first, business, and premium economy flights.
- This is a targeted offer, so Advantage members should check their inbox and junk mail folder.
- The promotion requires registration before Friday.
- Flights must be after registration in fare buckets F, A, J, R, D, I, W, or P.
- Bonus applies to flights on American, British Airways, Finnair, Iberia and Japan Airlines.
- The bonus ends on Dec. 7.
5K Challenge for 5K Miles
Earlier this year American Airlines launched their 5K Challenge for 5K Miles promotion. This promotion is ending Sept. 30.
This is a great opportunity to earn an extra 5,000 AAdvantage miles for doing everyday things. After registering you will start earning miles for doing any of the following things:
- Make any purchase through the AAdvantage shopping portal
- Make a purchase with AAdvantage Dining
- Book and stay at a hotel via BookAAhotels.com
- Rent and drive a car at aa.com/cars
- Fly on an American Airlines marketed and operated flights
By completing more activities you earn more miles. Note that you can only complete each activity once.
- 1 activity = 50 bonus miles
- 2 activities = 250 bonus miles
- 3 activities = 1,000 bonus miles
- 4 activities = 2,500 bonus miles
- 5 activities = 5,000 bonus miles
Other important T&C about this promotion to keep in mind:
- Anything you do prior to registration does not count.
- Shopping and Dining offers are only open to US Residents.
- All hotel stays must be completed before the end of the offer period.
- Rental car must be picked up and dropped off during the offer period.
- Eligible tickets for this offer are purchased, published fares for flights marketed and operated by American.
- At least one eligible flight segment must be flown during the offer period.
Download a button for 50 miles
Okay, so 50 miles doesn’t get us very far, but this must be the easiest mileage opportunity I’ve ever seen.
- You must install the eShopping button to your browser and register by Sept. 28, 2018.
- The button must remain installed through Nov. 30, 2018.
Even though these offers are not going to fly your family around the world they will give your account that extra boost it might need before the holidays. If you need more AAdvantage miles to top off your account be sure to check out these additional opportunities.
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.