Some sad breaking news, not many details are known yet, but here’s what is being reported so far:
- MH 17, a Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777-200, flying from Amsterdam (AMS) to Kuala Lumpur (KUL) with 280 passengers and 15 crew, had its transponder signal disappear while flying over the Ukraine.
- Malaysia Airlines has confirmed via Twitter that they have lost contact with the jet.
- A YouTube video shows smoke rising from the supposed crash site
- Speculation and initial reporting from the Business Insider
- Update as of 12PM EST – the AP is now speculating as well (via Twitter) that the plane may have been shot down, the networks are stating that they have no confirmation of this.
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.