Luckily my little sister was not yet a Marriott Rewards member prior to registering her for this promo, and so I’ve been trying to leverage her newbie status to confirm that the MegaBonus truly is stackable with the “1 Free Night After 2 Stay” new member promotion. For new members (or perhaps members who’ve forgotten their old rewards number), you should register for the following promotion:
You can love travel, starting now. Discover exciting hotels across 14 distinctive brands while enjoying exclusive benefits with every stay— from fun family getaways to once-in-a-lifetime experiences. To earn your free night
- Join Marriott Rewards and be automatically registered to earn your free night certificate
- Stay twice at participating hotels during your earning period*.
- Your earning period starts the day you enroll through the end of that month, plus an additional 120 daysEarn a free night at a category 1 – 5 hotel after your 2nd paid stay
In the post a few weeks ago, I had mentioned that I called Marriott Rewards four separate times and talked to four separate agents, each one confirming that the new member bonus can in fact be combined with the MegaBonus and that my sister would qualify for both promotions after two stays. Granted, there’s no way to confirm their statements until her stays the first week of February, but I will be reporting back here with an update once we know anything for sure. Anyway, another interesting data point, several colleagues have now registered for this promotion, confirming the same responses from the reps…we shall see. If they are right this is a pretty great promo…for new members.
Register for the New Member Promotion here.
- Q1 2014 Hotel Promos – Tips, Strategies, & Reminder Rundown – Hyatt, SPG, Marriott, IHG, Hilton, Club Carlson, Best Western
- I’m Still Marriott Gold Elite w/out United Status, Thanks RewardsPlus!