It’s been over 18 months since this initial article was written and boy have there been quite a few changes to cover! During this entire time, I still haven’t stayed at a single Wyndham property, and I am a lot less inclined to do so after the most recent devaluation of their point redemption awards. However, I’m ecstatic to report that this status matching still works as it allows for Diamond status at Wyndham and Caesars Rewards (formally known as Total Rewards) for the 2020 calendar year.
As an avid poker player I am at the casino at least once a week where I earn comps for playing. However, earning 17 Tier Credits per hour would mean that I would need to play 883 hours of poker in a year to achieve Diamond status. Having a 5-year-old and newborn at home means I usually only get a few hours one night a week free. This barely would have gotten me to Platinum status last year. However, because of the partnership that exists between Caesars Entertainment and Wyndham, I was able to match to Diamond, and retain it for both programs, which is a massive win for me.
Gaining Wyndham Status and Staggered Status Tier Calendars
The primary step in gaining Caesars Rewards Diamond status was to first acquire my Wyndham status. I initially did this through a status match to my Marriott Platinum Elite status at the end of 2018. Similar to Hyatt and Mlife, Wyndham and Caesars Rewards use non-traditional calendar years that overlap, meaning that it’s possible to, for a short time, hold Diamond status in both programs for a short period after completing a status match. Then at the beginning of February 2020, I status matched using the off calendar years to both Wyndham and Caesars Diamond.
It should also be noted that there is nothing in the Wyndham T&C that indicates that previous status matches are ineligible for this status match. Therefore, it appears that anyone who holds status from a qualifying hotel chain would be eligible for this match. In addition, based upon several data points, it is possible that this status matching between Wyndham and Caesars will work from year to year.
For those that need Wyndham Diamond follow these steps below:
- See if you qualify for the Wyndham status match promotion. Side note: If you are in the military, veteran, reserves, or spouse of one of those groups you can get a special Platinum card even if you can’t get a match.
- If you do, log into the account that you want to use for the status match and take a screenshot.
- Use the link in Step 1 to log into your Wyndham account. From here use the drop down tab to pick which outside program you are matching and enter in your current status.
- Nothing you have to do here but wait for Wyndham to email you back.
Caesars Rewards Diamond Benefits
Here are the new benefits that are now available to me that I did not have under my previous Gold (base level) status:
- Gift up to 5,000 Reward Credits to a friend (limit of two transfers per year).
- 15% off best available advertised rate on rooms and suites.
- No resort fees on any hotel stay.
- Guaranteed Room with 72 hours notice in Atlantic City and Las Vegas.
- Complimentary valet & self-parking at many destinations, including Las Vegas and Atlantic City.
- $100 Celebration Dinner.
- Gain access to Diamond Lounges***
- Priority lines at hotel check-in, restaurants, casino cages and the Caesars Rewards Center.
- Access to the VIP Reservations Hotline.
- Complimentary stay at Atlantis, Paradise Island in The Bahamas.
- Tier Status match with Wyndham Rewards (and visa versa).
- 20% discounts on select Norwegian Cruise Line vacation.
- Free Nights in Vegas, Atlantic City and Dubai
***Caesars Rewards used to give this benefit for free to all Diamond members, but at the beginning of 2018 free entry requires 25,000 Tier Points earned during the previous calendar year. Without it admission is $10/per person per visit.
The last two years my wife and I have enjoyed a free $100 credit toward dinners at some of the nicest Caesars Entertainment steakhouses. We also enjoyed free show tickets to Penn and Teller during our Vegas trip last year. In addition, being able to skip the long buffet lines in Vegas saved a ton of time. Not having to pay resort fees, free valet and self-parking saved us a lot of money during our casino trips.
How to Get Caesars Rewards Diamond Status
- Once you are successfully a Wyndham Diamond member, use this link to login to your Caesars Rewards account.
- Enter in your Wyndham account number into the box.
- In about a week, log into your Caesars Rewards account and you should see your new Diamond Status! Note: I did my match on Feb. 1st and got upgraded on Feb. 6th. I did not get an email from Caesars to confirm.
Overall, this very generous status match offer. Anyone with plans to stay at a Wyndham or a Caesars Entertainment property in the near future would be crazy not to take advantage. There is even an opportunity, if you live near the Borgata Atlantic City, or are crazy enough to fly there like I did you can turn your newly minted Caesars Rewards status into Mlife Gold which could then turn into Hyatt Explorist, Hard Rock Rock Royalty, and other statuses.
This is what one might call a bonanza.
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.