This is part ten of a fifteen part trip report from my travels to the Maldives and Dubai. This picture report covers the Plaza Premium Lounge at Malé International (MLE) airport. We gained access with our First class Emirates tickets but would have been admitted with a business or first class ticket on the majority of airlines serving MLE.
- Trip Report – United Economy Plus JFK-LAX
- Korean Air First Class Lounge LAX
- Trip Report Part 1 – Emirates First Class on the A380 w/ Shower Suite – LAX – Dubai (DXB)
- Trip Report Part 2 – Emirates First Class on the A380 w/ Shower Suite – LAX – Dubai (DXB)
- Emirates First Class Lounge – A380 Terminal – Concourse A – Dubai
- Emirates First Class Lounge Concourse B – Dubai
- Trip Report – Emirates First Class DXB- Malé (MLE) – DXB B777-200LR
- Conrad Maldives Rangali Island Resort Part 1 – Airport Experience, Lounge, and Seaplane Transfer
- Conrad Maldives Rangali Island Resort Part 2 – The Resort – Rooms, Upgrades, Amenities, Activities, Restaurants, and Costs
- Male Airport Plaza Premium Lounge
- Sheraton Jumeirah Beach Resort
- Emirates Business Class Lounge – A380 Terminal – Concourse A – Dubai
- Trip Report – Emirates First Class DXB – Milan (MXP)
- Trip Report – Emirates Lounge Milan
- Trip Report – Emirates First Class MXP – JFK B777-300ER
The lounge was just average but it was a nice respite from the extremely packed airport and a nice place to rest after our rushed trip across the river to downtown Malé. It’s not all that big but it was quite empty with plenty of empty seating. Hot (stir fry, mac & cheese, soups) and cold food, and drinks. Excellent internet and multiple outlets.
Once again, a word of warning. If you book your Emirates flights using miles from Alaska Airlines your tickets won’t show lounge access. You’ll have to explain to the agent that you are not traveling on a reduced or staff fare, but that you booked an award via Alaska Airlines. This was a common theme for us at LAX, DXB, MLE, and MXP. At MLE it was less than a two minute discussion at check-in.
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.