I wrote back in July about AA’s generous status match to Executive Platinum status for Delta Diamond members.  A few days after the post, readers started reporting that AA had stopped the match.  Well it appears it is back! Several readers are reporting success, most being matched in under 24 hours.  Check out the original post here on how to apply for the match and take a look at the more recent comments for examples of just how quickly the matches are now occurring.

17 Responses to “AA Matching to Executive Platinum Status for Delta Diamond Members Again!”

1. Harrison says:

A slippery slope. Instead of doing status challenges (which require commitment), status matches would just a matching war that all airlines lose.

Maybe it’s a smart idea to lock people in during the bankruptcy, but I can’t imagine current elites being happy with such a massive inflow.

2. IdahoSt says:

Does anyone know which email address they used tp contact AA

3. Bgiagg says:

I am PL on both DL and AA. After I counted enough miles to requalify DL pl, I switched to AA and put 50k+ there. Such a bad decision. Had I continue doing just DL, I would have reached DM and now been matched Exp! Apparently to AA I would be more valuable if I don’t fly them at all.

4. Corey says:

Why will the match UA and DL but not US? I fly the same 100k + per year. What makes me less valuable?

@Corey – No definitive answer, though at the start of the matching AA was only accepting UA fliers. It also depends on the market. In New York, it makes sense to steal DL and UA customers as all 3 operate hubs here. US in PHL and CLT would be a harder argument, though of course connections onwards to international flights would still benefit AA.

5. Dawn says:

Thanks Adam. Emailed aadvantage_customer_svc@wwwmail.aa.com yesterday at 6pm and was matched this morning when I woke up, AWESOME!!!

6. Todd says:

I’m Diamond this year, but will only qualify for Gold next year. If I request a match to AA now, will it be good through 2013 or 2014? Thanks!

7. Craig P says:

Applied for the match on Friday and received the confirmation today, little under 48hrs

8. Brandon says:

Matched today, requested thurs. dl diamond

9. Alan Shawne says:

Same for me Brandon. Emailed AA on Thursday and got a positive reply today.

10. Andrew says:

Does anyone know if they are confirming actual status anyway other than the data we send to them? Seems like it could be easily faked.

11. Corey says:

I sent in a request on Sunday to have them match my US CM (also included my DL PLT card) and have received a response of any kind. Starting to think my request is being ignored. Thought I would get a response of some sort even if it wasn’t a positive one.