Quick hits for Sunday night:
- Lufthansa 50,000 mile offer expires tonight – Earn 20,000 award miles after your first purchase & earn an additional 30,000 award miles after spending $5,000 or more in purchases in the first 90 days of opening your account.
- Federal regulators slapped Delta with a $750,000 fine Wednesday for not compensating passengers bumped from flights. The U.S. Department of Transportation said Delta had not sought volunteers willing to relinquish their seat on oversold flights, a common industry practice aimed at mitigating the large number of people who miss flights they have booked. The interesting part is the remedy Delta negotiated with federal regulators: $425,000 of the fine will go for the airline to buy tablet devices to record what happens when a flight is oversold and the hunt for volunteers begins. It’s the first time a DOT consent order has included tablet purchases to help an airline comply with the rules, department spokesman Bill Mosley said in an e-mail.
- Can Delta Discriminate Against Overweight Flight Attendants? Q. The EEOC says obesity is a disability. I’m running an airline and to save fuel I want to reject large flight attendants. Legal? A. That practice might be thrown out on disparate impact grounds—if more male applicants are affected.
- 7 Things Your Flight Attendant Wants You to Know
- Cheers as Passenger Punches Flight Attendant
- What Do Flight Attendants Think of You…and your requests?
- Ten Shocking Secrets of Flight Attendants..and other fun posts & pics
- How Much Do Singapore Airlines Flight Attendants Get Paid for Providing Great Service?
- 7 Things Never to Say to Flight Attendants
- Say What? Overheard on the Plane Edition 28 – Crazy Things Passengers Say to Flight Attendants