In the latest strange flight attendant policy news, India’s GoAir has announced that they plan to only hire female flight attendants going forward. Yahoo reports:
…Elsewhere around the world blatant airline sexism still flies. This week, India’s budget GoAir announced that it would hire only female flight attendants from this point on as a fuel-saving measure, noting that women are usually lighter than men. The discrimination is uniquely twofold—against men who want flight-attendant jobs, and against women who will only reign supreme only in the cabin, as the female-only rule does not, naturally, apply to pilots.
Other recent announcements have included orders to lose weight, required maid uniforms, instructions on allowable lipstick colors, periodic BMI measurements, and makeup policy changes.
- 7 Things Your Flight Attendant Wants You to Know
- Airline to Dress Flight Attendants as Maids & Butlers
- Cheers as Passenger Punches Flight Attendant
- What Do Flight Attendants Think of You…and your requests?
- Ten Shocking Secrets of Flight Attendants..and other fun posts & pics
- How Much Do Singapore Airlines Flight Attendants Get Paid for Providing Great Service?
- 7 Things Never to Say to Flight Attendants
- Say What? Overheard on the Plane Edition 28 – Crazy Things Passengers Say to Flight Attendants