One of Delta’s most popular new non-stop routes, Brisbane, Australia (BNE) to Camp Springs, Maryland (ADW)!
Well, not exactly but Delta did operate a charter for press members who had accompanied President Obama on his Asian / Australian tour last week.
The Delta 777 -200LR supposedly had more than 200 empty seats and completed the journey in 16 hours and 24 minutes, landing at Joint Base Andrews in Maryland a little before 2AM on Monday morning. The total mileage was 9,486, almost 1,000 miles further than the current longest commercial passenger flight – Qantas’ SYD-DFW flight (8,578 miles). You can check out the flight track here and the associated airliners.net thread here.
- The New World’s Longest Flights
- Singapore Airlines Trip Report – Newark to Singapore Business Class – The World’s Longest Flight (Retired #1)
- Delta ATL-JNB Trip Report (#2)
- My First Shower in the Sky – A380 Experience LAX-DXB (preview, full trip report coming soon) (#3)
- Cathay Pacific First Class Trip Report (#7) *Trip report for YVR, JFK report coming soon.
- Boeing to Build World’s Longest-Range Passenger Jet