United is currently running a status match challenge, matching status from many other airlines with comparable MileagePlus status. The offer is valid for requests received between January 1 and April 30. Accounts are upgraded for 90 days and you’ll have to meet specific terms to keep the status longer:
Time your challenge wisely. Customers who meet the flight requirements on or after July 1, 2013 will retain their matched Premier status through January 31, 2015, whereas matched status prior to July will expire on January 31, 2014.
Now, The Weekly Flyer even reports on United matching up to Premier 1K status and he has a copy of a confirmation email sent from United confirming the challenge. If you are matched to 1K status you’ll need 35,000 Premier qualifying miles (PQM) or 40 Premier qualifying segments (PQS) on flights operated by United®, United Express® or Copa within that 90-day timeframe.
- Offer is not valid for members who have participated in the OnePass or MileagePlus status match program within the last 5 years.
- A Premier membership card will be not issued for the 90-day qualification period. You may enjoy Premier benefits on United, United Express or Copa-operated flights, by providing your account number when making reservations or at check-in. During the 90-day period, you may not have access to all reciprocal Premier benefits with United’s partner airlines including access to Star Alliance lounges.
- Through this offer, you will not be able to qualify for a higher Premier status level than the one you are matched to in MileagePlus. For example, if you are matched to Premier Silver, you will not be able to earn Premier Gold status through this offer, even if you will fly more than 12,500 United or Copa PQM in the offer period. However, you will still be able to qualify to a higher status level if you reach one of the published qualification thresholds for Premier status.
- If you are unable to complete the PQM or PQS requirement within the 90-day period, your matched MileagePlus Premier status will expire and you may be returned to a lower Premier level, or general member status, at United’s sole discretion.
- Qualifying PQM or PQS must be posted to your MileagePlus account.