London Heathrow (LHR) is no longer the world’s busiest airport for international passenger traffic, that distinction now belongs to Dubai (DXB) according to new data from the Airports Council International which excludes all domestic traffic from its rankings. Dubai International’s press team has been speculating on their #1 ranking for months and now the numbers confirm it. Even with only one operating runway for 80 days, 68.9 million passengers passed through DXB over the 12 months ending in September of 2014, compared with 67.8 million at Heathrow. Atlanta (ATL) was still the “world’s busiest airport” by quite a margin when domestic flights are included in the calculation.
- Trip Report Part 1 – Emirates First Class on the A380 w/ Shower Suite – LAX – Dubai (DXB)
- Trip Report Part 2 – Emirates First Class on the A380 w/ Shower Suite – LAX – Dubai (DXB)
- Emirates Adds 4th Daily JFK – Dubai (DXB) – Amazing Award Availability w/ Alaska
- Emirates First Class Lounge – A380 Terminal – Concourse A – Dubai
- Emirates First Class Lounge Concourse B – Dubai
- Trip Report – Emirates First Class DXB- Malé (MLE) – DXB B777-200LR
- Emirates Business Class Lounge – A380 Terminal – Concourse A – Dubai
- Trip Report – Emirates First Class DXB – Milan (MXP)
- Trip Report – Emirates Lounge Milan
- Trip Report – Emirates First Class MXP – JFK B777-300ER
- Emirates A380 Business – JFK-Dubai Trip Report
- The New World’s Longest Flights
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.