- San Francisco hub…by far the most important reason to acquire Virgin America
- Planes – Desire to grow West Coast and SFO in particular, but currently lacking gates and planes
- SFO would likely become West Coast hub
- Potential for additional slots at restricted airports like LGA, DCA, and JFK
- Elimination of a competitor on several routes
I tried to push some questions regarding LAX and LGB, no firm answers, but it sounded like the pie-in-the-sky idea if the acquisition happens is that LAX would take over most routes besides a few token flights to JFK, BOS, and LAX.