- San Francisco hub…by far the most important reason to acquire Virgin America
- Planes – Desire to grow West Coast and SFO in particular, but currently lacking gates and planes
- SFO would likely become West Coast hub
- Potential for additional slots at restricted airports like LGA, DCA, and JFK
- Elimination of a competitor on several routes
I tried to push some questions regarding LAX and LGB, no firm answers, but it sounded like the pie-in-the-sky idea if the acquisition happens is that LAX would take over most routes besides a few token flights to JFK, BOS, and LAX.
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.